• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

40k Silverado EV WT pricing LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I've seen alot of people saying they're out on the Lightning and Ford's horrible pricing..... Oh how the tables have turned..... I tried to give people a heads up on how GM operates and lies like every auto maker but honestly I didn't think it was gonna be this bad 😂😂😂😂😂

Ford F-150 Lightning 40k Silverado EV WT pricing LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣 Screenshot_2022-11-08-13-31-26-56_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I've seen alot of people saying they're out on the Lightning and Ford's horrible pricing..... Oh how the tables have turned..... I tried to give people a heads up on how GM operates and lies like every auto maker but honestly I didn't think it was gonna be this bad 😂😂😂😂😂

Screenshot_2022-11-08-13-31-26-56_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3.jpg
I knew they would never hold the $40k price, but that is a bigger jump than I expected! Maybe they will have a lower trim (1WT or 2WT???) that brings the cost down.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
but whats the base WT start at? Im sure it wont be $40k but surely should be better than this right?

OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I knew they would never hold the $40k price, but that is a bigger jump than I expected! Maybe they will have a lower trim (1WT or 2WT???) that brings the cost down.
'.....we will offer a .05WT standard Bolt Battery pack that will be $40,000 + 1,895 DMV charge available for retail customers as well'.....

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Damn!!!!

Suddenly my Lariat seems like a steal…. These prices can’t hold, either they go down or the EV truck market won’t last long IMO
We're saving around $210 month on electric vs our Powerboost and that's a factor.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
My guess is they may have a less expensive version later on but why cannibalize sales from the more expensive one if people are willing to pay it to be "first"?

This is what Tesla did successfully to launch an entire company. Sell the most expensive cars to keep the lights on while you ramp up volume which will bring the prices down for the subsequent less expensive versions. This worked well enough for them.

Conversely, look how well it worked for Ford to offer all four trim levels at launch for marketing purposes ("Starting under $40k!") and then try to limit the cheaper ones in a horribly botched reservation/pre-order system. This marketing effort likely had a much higher cost in reputation than they may have realized.

IMO the right way to do it is to just list the most expensive flagship model first. Sell out of those and then begin appealing to a more broad market as you can achieve better volumetric efficiency through scaling. That makes those lower priced versions more profitable as you draw in a crowd that wasn't able or willing to buy the most expensive versions early on.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Damn!!!!

Suddenly my Lariat seems like a steal…. These prices can’t hold, either they go down or the EV truck market won’t last long IMO
Exactly! I feel like I made it in just in time with my Lariat, even though I couldn’t get a Pro earlier in the year.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Screenshot_2022-11-08-13-31-26-56_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3.jpg
Ooof!!! GM comes in with the gut punch!

Sponsored
OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
My guess is they may have a less expensive version later on but why cannibalize sales from the more expensive one if people are willing to pay it to be "first"?

This is what Tesla did successfully to launch an entire company. Sell the most expensive cars to keep the lights on while you ramp up volume which will bring the prices down for the subsequent less expensive versions. This worked well enough for them.

Conversely, look how well it worked for Ford to offer all four trim levels at launch for marketing purposes ("Starting under $40k!") and then try to limit the cheaper ones in a horribly botched reservation/pre-order system. This marketing effort likely had a much higher cost in reputation than they may have realized.

IMO the right way to do it is to just list the most expensive flagship model first. Sell out of those and then begin appealing to a more broad market as you can achieve better volumetric efficiency through scaling. That makes those lower priced versions more profitable as you draw in a crowd that wasn't able or willing to buy the most expensive versions early on.
I agree that's a better play long term but Tesla has just plain out cancelled cheaper models after saying " coming later". This is GM's play I'm guessing get early adopters with deep pockets then slowly roll cheaper version when material supplies are readily available and cheaper and potentially offer those vehicles at $40k or just cancel them outright lol.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Personally I think Ford did a brilliant job here. They screwed Chevy into matching the Lightning’s Pro price and now… wow that’s gotta sting a lot for anyone hoping to get into the WT

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The 1WT and 2WT are probably the gas trucks.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I guess it’s officially time to drop my Silverado EV reservation.
Sponsored