• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

40k Silverado EV WT pricing LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Considering I reserved in the first 20 seconds, this is great news!
That depends..did you reserve one of the RST 1st edition ones for $105k? I think those will be produced first. I think non 1st Edition RSTs are coming later...have no idea about non-fleet WT.
Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I think Tesla was riding so high, that maybe they didn't prioritize the CT as much as they should've. Now when you look at their stock over the past three months, they are in desperate need of a big win. Part of what pushes Tesla's stock price is their margin per vehicle, Tesla isn't going to change this for the CT. Unless they have developed some truly revolutionary low cost manufacturing techniques, CT is gonna be expensive. But, it's going to get pushed out as fast as possible now, Tesla is in big need of good news.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Let me see Inflation is 7% year over year in October, over 8 the prior month, no company is going to stay in business if they don't at least raise prices accordingly. Our Electricity rate had gone up, propane my parents heat their home with has tripled, so yeah, prices have to get raised.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
And here I was just looking at the 70k I still owe Ford for my XLT and WAS thinking that's a lot.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
The rep said that battery & range are not finalized but the base EV WT will get at least 200 miles on a standard battery pack.

He was adamant that corporate is holding onto the $40K price tag which I asked how they can do that when Ford upped the price twice on their '23 Pro.
you're talking to a sales guy at an auto show. they'll say anything.

Sponsored

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
And here I was just looking at the 70k I still owe Ford for my XLT and WAS thinking that's a lot.
Any amount of money owed to anyone should be seen as a lot. That's a good place to be. Never get comfortable with that feeling. That's the best & simplest financial advice I can give.

Now, doing something about it... that's the more challenging aspect. It's far easier for most to make up reasons why it's okay rather than make a change to get away from it.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I think Tesla was riding so high, that maybe they didn't prioritize the CT as much as they should've. Now when you look at their stock over the past three months, they are in desperate need of a big win. Part of what pushes Tesla's stock price is their margin per vehicle, Tesla isn't going to change this for the CT. Unless they have developed some truly revolutionary low cost manufacturing techniques, CT is gonna be expensive. But, it's going to get pushed out as fast as possible now, Tesla is in big need of good news.
cybertruck is designed to be cheap to build. simple cast design, simple interior, no paint etc. but that doesn't mean it'll be cheap to buy. it'll deliver on specs everyone wants (range and power). They'll maintain their margins. Rumours are swirling Elon will have the updated beta model with some production specs at the semi unveil December 1st.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Any amount of money owed to anyone should be seen as a lot. That's a good place to be. Never get comfortable with that feeling. That's the best & simplest financial advice I can give.

Now, doing something about it... that's the more challenging aspect. It's far easier for most to make up reasons why it's okay rather than make a change to get away from it.
Excellent advice!

Agree - I was very leary about having such a large loan for a vehicle - never had to borrow that much in the course of owning dozens of cars in the past 40+ years.

Scary that lenders were willing to lend way more than the actual price of the vehicle -
Ford credit offering up to $100K and my CU offering to loan up to 110% of the MSRP (no down payment and all fees rolled in).

Luckily, I had a 10% down and reasoned that the $7500 credit + $4250 state/local rebates to further drive that amount down, but the Lightning was out of my monthly price range and still is.

I'd like to see the Chevy Silverado at $40K myself - I'd trade in my Lariat for a base EV WT.
Sponsored