• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Power-Up 4.1.3 Video streaming and new games

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
That's what mine says. I got 4.1.1 just last week-only after I called and complained to Ford. Getting very frustrated with the OTA process on these trucks. I've been driving multiple times daily and making sure at least 1 trip is an hour long or more and not even 4.1.2 yet. Guess it's time to call and complain again.
I just called.
Apparently they don't "see" my vehicle in the system yet.
Interestingly, this am I got an email of status update from Ford which said the vehicle is now marked as sold.
It also shows the sale occurred on Jan 29 when I took delivery on Jan 25.
Oh well.
Sponsored

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
I got 4.1.1 a few weeks ago, but nothing since. My wife’s Mach-E just got her 4.1.2 update and now I’m super jealous of her new UI! 😀

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

NeuralFlow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I got the 4.1.2 update a few days ago, and now the 4.1.3 today. it seems like Ford is getting faster at rolling them out to the fleet.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Just received 4.1.3. Only a matter of time before someone figures out how to activate youtube while in motion.
MagicBox. Then you can watch Hulu, YouTubeTV, Amazon Prime and others.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I received 4.1.3 last evening!

Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Played Youtube videos on my home wifi & also set my iphone as a hotspot & played a music video. Very pleased with both & the sound on the music video was very good.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
A bit odd that they can't put YouTube on the smaller screen? I am guessing that even Ford is selling the SR vehicles as local commuters and doesn't expect anyone will be sitting in one at a Level 3 charger. Or are they hiding YouTube behind a multi-thousand dollar paywall to boost margins? I was stuck in a parking lot during game day for an hour, my passenger and I could've used some video entertainment. For everything I love about this truck, there's an equally puzzling omission!
margins of course.

you gotta pay to play

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
4.1.3 this evening after driving the truck for 9 minutes - after 3 days unplugged and with Bluetooth OBDII scanner and hardwired dashcam connected. In the last 2-3 weeks I’ve gone from 3.4.something to current after nothing since early November. I think I’m done trying to figure out how to trigger a damn download.

There needs to be a QR sign-in option for YouTube on devices, just like you get for some streaming services on smart TVs now. With passwords autogenerated by 1Password, signing in on the truck was frustrating.

I did get 4.1.3 just after getting the free 3 month subscription for what I thought was Ford streaming but when I rty to run YouTube it ask me to sign up for Ford streaming @ $10 per month or use wifi.
So is wifi Hotspot service different from Ford streaming service? Are there 2 different cost fir them both?
Yeah, hotspot is providing wifi via AT&T cellular to devices you bring into the vehicle. Ford Streaming is for YouTube etc.

I can’t see myself paying for it, considering what it offers currently. The only logic I can see would be

$10/mo for Ford Streaming only
$20/mo for AT&T Hotspot and Ford Streaming

But not ”pay for both 🖕 ” as it is.

Dumb decision.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
4.1.3 this evening after driving the truck for 9 minutes - after 3 days unplugged and with Bluetooth OBDII scanner and hardwired dashcam connected. In the last 2-3 weeks I’ve gone from 3.4.something to current after nothing since early November. I think I’m done trying to figure out how to trigger a damn download.

There needs to be a QR sign-in option for YouTube on devices, just like you get for some streaming services on smart TVs now. With passwords autogenerated by 1Password, signing in on the truck was frustrating.

Yeah, hotspot is providing wifi via AT&T cellular to devices you bring into the vehicle. Ford Streaming is for YouTube etc.

I can’t see myself paying for it, considering what it offers currently. The only logic I can see would be

$10/mo for Ford Streaming only
$20/mo for AT&T Hotspot and Ford Streaming

But not ”pay for both 🖕 ” as it is.

Dumb decision.
I might keep the Hotspot for a backup. I was flying my drone sorounded by mountains and to my surprise Verizon had zero signal but ATT Hotspot was working, I need a connection for drone mapping. I have a Stream to car box which is a Android box with many option to stream.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
MagicBox. Then you can watch Hulu, YouTubeTV, Amazon Prime and others.
There are apps you can sideload onto android phones that are free rather than spending $400 for MagicBox.

Sponsored

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Got my 4.1.3 update right after I got home from work yesterday. Haven't tried streaming yet. Vote changed.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
There are apps you can sideload onto android phones that are free rather than spending $400 for MagicBox.
Yup. If I’m going to buy an android phone, I don’t mind just buying a Magicbox instead. My sons find it easier to use the Magicbox interface than navigating a phone in general. I’m sure there are ways to jailbreak other devices to side load apps but for me the simplicity of plugging in a device and it loading is perfectly fine with me.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Yup. If I’m going to buy an android phone, I don’t mind just buying a Magicbox instead. My sons find it easier to use the Magicbox interface than navigating a phone in general. I’m sure there are ways to jailbreak other devices to side load apps but for me the simplicity of plugging in a device and it loading is perfectly fine with me.
There's no need to jailbreak any android product. A quick google search, download, and you're up and running. Theres one screen mirroring app that actually lets you control your phone touchscreen on your OEM unit. My only gripe is that your cell phone screen has to stay on.

But I get it. People like to pay for convenience. Nothing wrong with that. I have an AAWireless box in my Lincoln for that reason.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
There's no need to jailbreak any android product. A quick google search, download, and you're up and running. Theres one screen mirroring app that actually lets you control your phone touchscreen on your OEM unit. My only gripe is that your cell phone screen has to stay on.

But I get it. People like to pay for convenience. Nothing wrong with that. I have an AAWireless box in my Lincoln for that reason.
I’d also have to pay for an android device which the Magicbox is essentially. There are lots of options out there and this one fits my needs.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
My 4.1.3 OTA auto-downloaded Saturday morning (~3 1/2 days after 4.1.2) during the first 10 min while driving errands, and I was notified it installed during that first stop …watched the video of the 🛫🚀🎈on NBC News through by iPhone’s hotspot after getting back in the truck👍👍
Sponsored