• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Streaming?

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I saw Ford Streaming mentioned in another thread and am assuming it is the cellular service for the truck. Are there different plans and what are the prices?

If I don't subscribe (I hate subscriptions), what features will not work?
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I saw Ford Streaming mentioned in another thread and am assuming it is the cellular service for the truck. Are there different plans and what are the prices?

If I don't subscribe (I hate subscriptions), what features will not work?
Your assumption is wrong.

https://www.ford.com/alexa/

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Streaming? alexa.PNG

OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Okay, so the cellular service is called FordPass Connect, and "Ford streaming" is just Alexa using FordPass Connect?

Are there any features beside hotspots and Alexa that won't work without the service?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Yeah...this is confusing to me as well. I've had the AT&T modem in my last 4 F-150s and I sign up for the free trial and then just bail because a) the truck never gets a good signal where I live and b) I don't 'stream' anything. I have a WiFi hotspot that I can bring with me on trips if I need that but with my phone being 5G, that's not even necessary anymore.

I can easily be accused of not using my Amazon prime membership to it's full advantage, since I don't listen to any of the music that is apparently free, or really watch any of the video content either. I have one of those echo dot things and I occasionally as Alexa what the weather is going to be like but that's it.

I'm reluctant to even bother to setup this Alexa in the truck. Ford knows where I am at all times, what vehicles I own, and probably a lot of other stuff about me that I share knowingly or unknowingly, and I do that so I can use the FordPass app (I bailed on PAAK on the Mach-E btw, I use key fobs). I really see no reason to now "overshare" with Amazon what kind of vehicle I have, where I'm going and what I may be shopping for or anything else for that matter.

I've found that drinking koolaid with a tinfoil hat on is not a good look for me. So I usually do one or the other, and I think I'll wear the tinfoil hat for a while until somebody can give me a good reason to enable yet another "nanny-device" in my vehicle.

Mike

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X