• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Thank you for sharing your efforts and time to post!
Sponsored

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
There is a spray nozzle on the bottom of the ford emblem that pops out and cleans the front camera when you activate the windshield wipers. Needs to be relocated with the camera swap
The CyberTruck fans are all a gaga over this feature which we already have... you should see how many posts are out there on YouTube showing how the CT even has a sprayer to clean the camera...

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I wonder if he could do the same style grill but keeping the OEM Emblem.

This looks real good, Im jealous

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3

I believe this is entirely possible! The grille essentially comes as a blank anyway. One could easily fire a couple holes into it to line up with the OEM emblem and mount it up!

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

I don't think you could fit the big black F-O-R-D letters if you kept the OEM emblem

Sponsored

Jherzog2211

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT (ordered 12/15/22)
JUST came across this grill on ebay and was ecstatic. Then moments later came across this thread and now am DEFINITELY buying for my Oxford White 2023 XLT. I've been clamoring for Rough Country or SOMEBODY to make a replacement grill so I'm thrilled to discover this exists AND glad I'll have your guide to help with install. I also love how it looks with the Blacked out Lightbar (as illustrated by ZAPTOR). Can't wait to order and get it installed, I think I may even get the FORD letters painted/coated/wrapped.... WHITE? Thanks again! looks great!

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
JUST came across this grill on ebay and was ecstatic. Then moments later came across this thread and now am DEFINITELY buying for my Oxford White 2023 XLT. I've been clamoring for Rough Country or SOMEBODY to make a replacement grill so I'm thrilled to discover this exists AND glad I'll have your guide to help with install. I also love how it looks with the Blacked out Lightbar (as illustrated by ZAPTOR). Can't wait to order and get it installed, I think I may even get the FORD letters painted/coated/wrapped.... WHITE? Thanks again! looks great!
Can’t wait to see the results 🤙🏼

Jherzog2211

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT (ordered 12/15/22)
PXL_20240108_000819715.jpg
PXL_20240108_000756258.jpg

Camera lined up decently but not perfect, gotta wait for sunny warm weather to hit my glue work with matte black but otherwise pretty pleased with it. :)

EDIT: Also going to completely black out the stupid white light bar, I hate it and tried to 'smoke' it with smoke plastidip back when it was warmer, but it's super uneven and pisses me off. Gotta wait for better weather but have matte black plasti-dip to fix it. Reminds me of the plastic the light cover in a refrigerator is made from lol.

Happy Sunday everyone :)
Just noticed the red recoverhooks. nice touch!

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
There is a spray nozzle on the bottom of the ford emblem that pops out and cleans the front camera when you activate the windshield wipers. Needs to be relocated with the camera swap
Really? Huh - is that on all trims? Either mine doesn't work, or I don't have that feature - been wondering how to clean the front camera without getting out of the truck!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Really? Huh - is that on all trims? Either mine doesn't work, or I don't have that feature - been wondering how to clean the front camera without getting out of the truck!
For testing you can turn your front camera on and hit the windshield sprayer. You can at least see if the arm pops out. I know that '22 Lariat and Platinum had them. Not sure which trims say it was listed. There were so many options that come and go due to parts shortages, its hard to know exactly what trucks have what.

Last edited:

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
For testing you can turn your front camera on and hit the windshield sprayer. You can at least see if the arm pops out. I know that '22 Lariat and Lightning had them. Not sure which trims say it was listed. There were so many options that come and go due to parts shortages, its hard to know exactly what trucks have what.
Thanks! My '22 Lariat has it - that was a simple but fun test :)

Reactions: GDN

mwdietert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Pro SSV
Looks great. Anyone have insight into installation with a front camera but the washer delete? My 2023 Pro with Tow Tech has the camera but not the washer.

Last edited:

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
hopefully seller will come up with a direct swap for camera. this looks fantastic

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
It’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But it’s different. Took a bit of modification for the camera and sprayer but I think it came out alright. My stock one is getting repainted after 40k miles of rock chips so it will be good as new when I decide to swap back. For now. I’m happy with being “different”

IMG_6650.jpeg

IMG_6651.jpeg

IMG_6652.jpeg
Looks awesome. I need to do this when I get my new Lightning. What was the cost on it? Great looking truck.
Sponsored