• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Really? Huh - is that on all trims? Either mine doesn't work, or I don't have that feature - been wondering how to clean the front camera without getting out of the truck!
It was standard on earlier models IIRC, but it was one of the things dropped in late 22.

My original F150 Lightning Lariat ER had it, but the new one (after my accident) does not.
Sponsored

dcshoes23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm looking into this grill and am thinking about designing a custom mount for the camera that I could just 3d print. We'll see how good my CAD skills are. If I can't make a good enough design, I'll probably just use the parts you did but non-sprayer version.

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I'm looking into this grill and am thinking about designing a custom mount for the camera that I could just 3d print. We'll see how good my CAD skills are. If I can't make a good enough design, I'll probably just use the parts you did but non-sprayer version.
If you can print a winner. I think
You will
Have a lot of folks willing to pay up!

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did this on my pro but now that I trade in for lariat I might do it again but this time since the lariat do not have the water sprayer. I think it’s possible to just drill a small hole to fit the camera and reuse the original camera mount on the grille to have the correct mounting angle.

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
Is it an actual Ford Raptor grill or the one sold on ebay for Lightning? About to purchase one, just wanted to make sure it's the one I need. Something hit my truck on a hwy yesterday :(Thought it was a bird. Nearest car was 100 ft ahead of me.

Ford F-150 Lightning ‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial 20240401_150644

Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
This guy in the other lightning forum used this eBay grill and then added custom lettering with led backlighting.

Ford F-150 Lightning ‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial IMG_7473

Reactions: N87
OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it an actual Ford Raptor grill or the one sold on ebay for Lightning? About to purchase one, just wanted to make sure it's the one I need. Something hit my truck on a hwy yesterday :(Thought it was a bird. Nearest car was 100 ft ahead of me.

20240401_150644.jpg
Bummer. Yes it is made for the Lightning specifically. Other than the camera mount. It will
Bolt right up to factory mounting points

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
@AZT9 thank you for quick response! I will get the order going.

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
This guy in the other lightning forum used this eBay grill and then added custom lettering with led backlighting.

IMG_7473.jpeg
That is the same exact grill without FORD letters. Looks good!
It'd be interesting to know how he mounted the camera.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
That is the same exact grill without FORD letters. Looks good!
It'd be interesting to know how he mounted the camera.
FYI and others reading this thread; the eBay grill comes "blank" and you could theoretically choose to run it like that, with no letters at all, or do something like this guy did.

There are guide/mold marks (small circles with an indent in the middle) on the backside of the grill that you drill if you want to put the big FORD letters on, and the grill includes the letters (they are just low-key about it so Ford doesn't come after them for use of the name without permission).

Not sure about that user's camera install, it looks like he may have 3d printed something small as there is a darker spot below the lightning bolt that could be the cam.

I'm surprised that the factory that makes this hasn't made a provision for the cam, I do think that the mod is putting off some potential buyers (fine by me if it stays rarer lol).

=Zap

Sponsored

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FYI and others reading this thread; the eBay grill comes "blank" and you could theoretically choose to run it like that, with no letters at all, or do something like this guy did.

There are guide/mold marks (small circles with an indent in the middle) on the backside of the grill that you drill if you want to put the big FORD letters on, and the grill includes the letters (they are just low-key about it so Ford doesn't come after them for use of the name without permission).

Not sure about that user's camera install, it looks like he may have 3d printed something small as there is a darker spot below the lightning bolt that could be the cam.

I'm surprised that the factory that makes this hasn't made a provision for the cam, I do think that the mod is putting off some potential buyers (fine by me if it stays rarer lol).

=Zap
Look like he drilled a small hole to fit the camera. That is what I was thinking about doing after having a little experience with the first one I did on the pro. It’s possible the original camera mount might still be useful for getting the right angle.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Bummer. Yes it is made for the Lightning specifically. Other than the camera mount. It will
Bolt right up to factory mounting points
Awesome job. How do we order the grill with letters?

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome job. How do we order the grill with letters?
The grille I ordered from EBay will come with the letters in a separate box. There are alignment holes molded into the back of the grille to properly mount the letters after delivery🤙🏼