• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I hope this is not the case as my XLT changed to “Built” status today!
Every single Lightning isn't the same In the process but I stressed every status update and it drove me nuts lol. Ford CS on the phone/chat didn't help all their info is outdated. My advice is check your order tracker at after 5:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. that's usually when I would see updates also I wouldn't call or chat with Ford CS until it shows shipped they're just going to lead you astray.
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Ok, now I'm confused...

Was in built status this morning and several hours later, it says it's "In Production" again.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20230124-092011_Dolphin

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
Ok, now I'm confused...

Was in built status this morning and several hours later, it says it's "In Production" again.
Mine showed built and shipped 1/20 this morning but no longer shows shipped at all, only built

ProjectMayhem

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I'm in the same boat. I was just about to post my screenshot of the built status. When I checked again, now back in production status.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Picture1

Ok, now I'm confused...

Screenshot_20230124-092011_Dolphin.jpg

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I'm in the same boat. I was just about to post my screenshot of the built status. When I checked again, now back in production status.

Picture1.jpg

Plus, that symbol looks like shipping containers stacked on each other. Doesn't this look like it would be the "SHIPPED" symbol? :unsure:

Sponsored

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
Plus, that symbol looks like shipping containers stacked on each other. Doesn't this look like it would be the "SHIPPED" symbol? :unsure:
Good point - here's mine built and moving down the road :LOL:

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20230124-070705

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
No shipped status yet for me, but my estimated arrival date did move from 2/1-2/7 to 2/4-2/10.

I never really paid attention to the symbol on the page, but this is mine which makes it seem like its shipping via convoy, but who knows
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1674572947042

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Huh, I'm in the same boat. Was "Built" earlier this morning, now not any more.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
My dealers response when I supplied them with the two price protection PDFs:

" When the vehicle arrives and Ford shows that the vehicle has been delivered to the dealership, I do have the number to reach out to Ford reference this question. If the information I have been given on the subject is incorrect, we will certainly correct things accordingly. I will let you know as soon as we see it land. Thank you "

So we shall see once the truck arrives what happens haha

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
My dealers response when I supplied them with the two price protection PDFs:

" When the vehicle arrives and Ford shows that the vehicle has been delivered to the dealership, I do have the number to reach out to Ford reference this question. If the information I have been given on the subject is incorrect, we will certainly correct things accordingly. I will let you know as soon as we see it land. Thank you "

So we shall see once the truck arrives what happens haha
Can't wait to read about how it all plays out, hopefully Ford is getting better about setting the dealers straight. Then again it wouldn't be a real car dealership experience if it wasn't frustrating and unpleasant.

Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Was trying to get it out of the way before I have to go in and sign the paperwork, but here we are...

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Chat just told me I'm on a chip hold even though the site has said I've been built since 1/16 :LOL:.

Then they apologized and said it actually was built and is awaiting shipment...

Last edited:

BoltUp

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
Got the email today from Ford telling me was built, then logged in and saw my status on vehicle order tracking was 'shipped'.

Does anyone know when the dealers have enough information to start negotiating price, or does that *have* to happen the day I take delivery?

I'm anticipating a fight over PPO, and would like to start the fight early so I can make taking delivery as seamless as possible--I'm taking it straight from the dealer to a detailing shop to have a Ceramic coat done so would like to be able to schedule that.

Any insight?

BoltUp

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
Got the email today from Ford telling me was built, then logged in and saw my status on vehicle order tracking was 'shipped'.

Does anyone know when the dealers have enough information to start negotiating price, or does that *have* to happen the day I take delivery?

I'm anticipating a fight over PPO, and would like to start the fight early so I can make taking delivery as seamless as possible--I'm taking it straight from the dealer to a detailing shop to have a Ceramic coat done so would like to be able to schedule that.

Any insight?
The day my account showed my Lightning as built (1/21) my dealer called for me to stop into dealership to verify my identity matched the name on order. A sales agreement was drafted and signed at this time. Sales manager honored the XLT PPO ($4,000) and then after I brought to their attention the CPO ($6,500) for MY 2022 pricing they were able to pull the “cert” and showed this as a rebate on sales agreement. A pretty smooth transaction. Not much room for negotiation on the MSRP due to the dealership having 2 Lightnings on lot listed for 10K above MSRP. Happy to walk out with a sales agreement. Now just have to wait for Lightning to arrive, finalize financials and take delivery.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
So my truck yesterday went back to 'Place Order' status, so assuming they were having some issues with the system yesterday. Anyway, got the e-mail this morning saying the truck is on the way. Delivery date is 2/8-2/14, so I really doubt it's on its way. I contacted my dealer yesterday and and asked for a price sheet, and everything looks good, no ADM.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1674656890403
Sponsored