• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/16/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
Don't want to get anyone too excited but the order tracker (the public one, not the one on your account) updated the "Last Updated" field to 04/13/2023. Previously this was stuck on 02/15/2023. Nothing else was updated.

Could mean that I'm about to get another delay, or it could mean something more positive. Progress I guess! 😅
This happened to my truck the same day it delivered, but it was at the final step before the dealership that whole time.
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Don't want to get anyone too excited but the order tracker (the public one, not the one on your account) updated the "Last Updated" field to 04/13/2023. Previously this was stuck on 02/15/2023. Nothing else was updated.

Could mean that I'm about to get another delay, or it could mean something more positive. Progress I guess! 😅
What do mean the "pubic tracker"?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This one: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking/?gnav=header-account

I'm not sure the proper way to differentiate it from the reservation one. 🤔 Thought I guess that one's just called the reservation tracker? 🤷‍♂️
Pretty much, the one that requires a logon name/email address and "PRIVATE" password, which for INFOSEC reasons should never be disclosed on this forum, as it's the gateway to your Ford.Com account and specific controls and information about all your Ford connected vehicles using that logon.

The PUBLIC track only requires the VIN and and the four character WBDO code printed on the window sticker.

Sponsored

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Holy crap it's actually happening!

00BFD650-F333-4633-8C5E-E3D593065D8D.jpeg
Congratulations I hope it gets delivered soon. Talk to your dealer they should have a good feel for the delivery date. Ask your dealer about the Trucks travel history, I’m curious to see if your truck was shipped back to Michigan for repairs. Post some pictures when you get it.

First Name
E. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Chief Water Scientist
I finally got my shipping email from Ford with a delivery range end of 04-26 or 04-30 depending on tracker. Hoping to take the truck on its maiden trip to the ACT event at the Stafford Motor Speedway next weekend!

First Name
E. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Chief Water Scientist
Just got the notification the truck is at the dealership! Business travel will probably delay pickup, but I can knock out much of the paperwork electronically and have something big to look forward to when I get back!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Just got the notification the truck is at the dealership! Business travel will probably delay pickup, but I can knock out much of the paperwork electronically and have something big to look forward to when I get back!
Congrats! Been following this forum 'cause my Lariat was built on 2/5 and stuck in dearborn like half of the people in this thread. have heard nothing since 2/7 but hoping it's getting closer based on what people in this build week are experiencing.

Sponsored
First Name
E. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Chief Water Scientist
Congrats! Been following this forum 'cause my Lariat was built on 2/5 and stuck in dearborn like half of the people in this thread. have heard nothing since 2/7 but hoping it's getting closer based on what people in this build week are experiencing.
I'm pretty pumped! I hope yours starts making forward progress soon! 🤞

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Holy crap it's actually happening!

00BFD650-F333-4633-8C5E-E3D593065D8D.jpeg
Welp, false alarm of sorts. Heard back from my dealer and they said, "We see your truck is delivered but it's not here. Looked in our tracking system and it's back to Michigan after staying in Delaware awhile. Says it's on chip-hold*. I reached out to our Ford rep to get more info."

* I assume "chip-hold" is just a generic term the system uses in place of "needs new battery". What a mess. It was just sitting there for two months while nothing was being done. Order tracker says "final preparation" so I doubt I'll even be able to check for updates either.

Last edited:

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On the flip side things are progressing I guess. Though I'm almost certainly losing out on my rate lock at this point.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
On the flip side things are progressing I guess. Though I'm almost certainly losing out on my rate lock at this point.
Sorry to hear about this!

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry to hear about this!
Appreciate it. I'm pretty sour/disappointed about the whole ordeal, but the reality is I still have a working vehicle (that I now need to re-register too, ugh), the tax credit I'll get is more than most, and while I was planning on doing some cool projects with the truck this spring there's always fall time.

Thanks for letting me vent too, 1/16 build group! 😁
Sponsored