• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 9/11/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT SR
Finally! with an email from Ford, not my dealer (yet). They, Ford or Dealer, added an additional $799 for processing. Sounds a little fishy since I've already gone over the sticker price with the dealer just after the 7/17 order confirmation.

Hello RICHARD,

It’s time to finalize your purchase. Click below to access your cart and checkout experience. From there, you will be able to view monthly payments, get an instant offer for your trade‑in, select protection plans or customize your F-150 LIGHTNING XLT with genuine Ford Accessories.

My estimated delivery was 11/11 - 11/18 so maybe a few more days. I was just happy to see that green dot in the final prep column!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/11/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1699578739646
Sponsored

McHeel88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E; Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Chief Financial Officer
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/11/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_0777

Finally got my Lightning home this week. Loving the truck. I have the XLT with the 311A package. The cruise control functions are not as robust as my wife's Mach-E or my form Kia EV6, but I like the vehicle better than both of those for smooth ride and functionality. I think the 2024 Flash model would be my ideal build (really just the XLT 312A package), so I may look at it in the future.

onekopaka

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'01 Grand Marquis, '23 Lariat ER
Nothing definitive but my order status page has an updated day of today with no visible status change.

I'm hoping that means it made it to the destination rail yard, and now it just has to make it to the dealer, presumably Monday.

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think I have graduated this thread. Got the call today and picked up truck this afternoon. One problem though. Since I tried to activate FordPass early, because I wanted to see if I could locate the truck, when I open FordPass now I do not get any response from the truck. Dealer was not able to figure it out. Does anyone know if there is a way to force the truck to connect with FordPass?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/11/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) F150LStoneGrey

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
I think I have graduated this thread. Got the call today and picked up truck this afternoon. One problem though. Since I tried to activate FordPass early, because I wanted to see if I could locate the truck, when I open FordPass now I do not get any response from the truck. Dealer was not able to figure it out. Does anyone know if there is a way to force the truck to connect with FordPass?

F150LStoneGrey.jpg
delete the truck from ford pass and re-add it. That worked for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

F150LStoneGrey.jpg
Try deleting the truck profile ie master reset, shut off the truck and get away from it.

Delete the vehicle from the garage in the app on your phone.

Removed the app & reinstall on the phone, temporarily turn off wifi on the phone.

Power on the truck, accept the request to connect in the truck.

rraustad

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
delete the truck from ford pass and re-add it. That worked for me.
Thank you! I deleted vehicle, added back with VIN and then got directions about how to reset truck regarding FordPass app. Connected right up. That's 1 down and about 3000 more things I need to figure out. It will be a fun ride.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you! I deleted vehicle, added back with VIN and then got directions about how to reset truck regarding FordPass app. Connected right up. That's 1 down and about 3000 more things I need to figure out. It will be a fun ride.
Enjoy the power & torque and the learning experience.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Looks like the truck that I ordered arrived at the dealer. Did Ford email me? No. Did the dealer call? No. Since my 22 Lariat is doing fine, I think I’ll keep it and they can have the 23 XLT.

Sponsored

onekopaka

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'01 Grand Marquis, '23 Lariat ER
My sales person reached out to me today, and he thought my truck would be coming in today, and then a couple hours later told me unfortunately it didn't arrive at the dealer today, and was still at the BNSF Orillia yard in Renton.

However the Ford order status does list it in final preparation now? I thought that didn't happen until the dealer took delivery of it?

Either way, my sales person is off the next 2 days so I expect Thursday I'll be heading down to the dealer to pick it up.

Congrats snowy_91 on getting your truck!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My sales person reached out to me today, and he thought my truck would be coming in today, and then a couple hours later told me unfortunately it didn't arrive at the dealer today, and was still at the BNSF Orillia yard in Renton.

However the Ford order status does list it in final preparation now? I thought that didn't happen until the dealer took delivery of it?

Either way, my sales person is off the next 2 days so I expect Thursday I'll be heading down to the dealer to pick it up.

Congrats snowy_91 on getting your truck!
If they aren't far (I would suggest stalking the lot looking for your truck) I actually did the afternoon mine arrived. LOL

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2006 E350, 1997 FL70
Occupation
Electrician/commercial sound engineer
I received the same email FrunkMonk-e above got.

I was sitting at home on Halloween, and between giving candy to strangers I noticed the dealer I was going to purchase through had an identical Lighting to what I had on order listed for sale on their website. I contacted them, and told them I was interested, only to be told it wasn't actually there. It was due in at the same time as my order. I figured whichever came in first would be the one I purchased.

I got the call this morning that the other had arrived! Of course, right after I had refueled my other truck, so I wound up trading it in with a little over half a tank. Oh well. It worked out for me to drop by the dealer between appointments, but I didn't get to go to my shop or house first, so I had way more stuff in it than I would have liked. They were polite about it, but I would have preferred to be a little neater about things. I also would have vacuumed it out and tidyed it up a bit but they didn't seem to care.

Almost 4 hours later, I drove away a different but also almost identical Lightning to what I had on order. I think the only difference is the interior seat color. I'll get a picture when it's light out, by the time I got it it was dark out and I had to get back to work.

TaxManHog, thank you for all your work on this. You can mark my order as declined.

First impression having driven this for 50+ miles on a couple repair calls tonight, is holy moly this thing flies. I had test driven it before, but it was in traffic and I was tight on time so I didn't really get to mess with it. Also apparently having a bunch of tools in the back doesn't seem to affect its acceleration at all. Just power for days.

I've already used the L14-30 to power up a customer's amplifier rack for a quick test. I can tell that that is something I'll use a lot.

Overall this is an amazing truck, I'm lucky to have it.

Stonetrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2012 Challenger
Got an email from Ford about Black Friday deals on accessories. Sure would be nice to actually have a truck to put them in...

Or maybe they'll also be delivered months late so I do need to order them now 🧐😥

trailcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - Lariat ER
Got an email from Ford about Black Friday deals on accessories. Sure would be nice to actually have a truck to put them in...

Or maybe they'll also be delivered months late so I do need to order them now 🧐😥
Same here. Mine was delivered to the dealer 2 weeks ago, but they found a scratch. Been sitting at the body shop waiting to get fixed. 😭

What is the Black Friday deal? 20% off?
Sponsored