• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
@Wsl346, have you had any luck tracking convoys? I saw in another thread that you have some inside info about when your truck is due to be offloaded from the railcar... curious what else you might have found out :)
Sponsored

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
@Wsl346, have you had any luck tracking convoys? I saw in another thread that you have some inside info about when your truck is due to be offloaded from the railcar... curious what else you might have found out :)
I think you're using the term "Inside Info" a bit loosely, lol. Everything I know is from google and trying things myself.

So for convoys I don't think there is as straightforward of a way. Form the research I've done, there was a website called palsapp that you could use to track certain carriers via an HTML backdoor but whoever owns that website closed that down earlier this year. For convoys, you'll need to rely on your dealer and Ford CS. It's possible there may be a CS line for certain carriers but I can't say for sure.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Figured I'd offer some info I dug up while trying to track my truck:

I read that I needed to reach out to my dealer to get the rail car # for the shipment of my Pro. We had a hurricane yesterday that I guess has them a bit overwhelmed, so I reached out to Ford directly and got the latest status, which was that it's in New Boston, Michigan at Ramp 5M. I did some digging and it appears New Boston is where vehicles from the Rouge plant go to be loaded onto rail cars for the longest part of their journey.

My window sticker says "convoy" on it, which others have noted means "via car-hauler truck," but apparently basically every vehicle has "convoy" on the sticker, regardless of whether they will end up on a train or not. My Lightning has to go from Michigan to Florida, so obviously that means the rails will be involved. Vehi-Ship LLC transported the truck from Rouge to New Boston. The truck hasn't been loaded onto a rail car yet, so there's no rail car number for them to give me. It's up to me to check back with Ford corporate or the dealership to see if it's made it onto a rail car. Once it has, the rail car number can be used to track the shipment via CSX or Union Pacific. Until it's on a rail car, Ford customer service and the dealership won't have another update, which means I won't, either.

My truck was classified as shipped on Nov. 8. Today is Nov. 11. I don't know what's typical for the delay between "shipped" and it being actually on a rail car, but for now, it's "shipped" about 20 miles in three days.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
One thing to note about rail car tracking is that you are not tracking your truck. I was a bit confused today when I found that my rail car was in Kentucky which made no sense to me at it was headed to Kansas City from Michigan. After checking with Ford chat I realized that the truck was already unloaded in KC and the rail car must have continued on to KY.

Looks like my dealer in Iowa may have the truck early next week!

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site says "Shipped", now. It still says "Built" and not "Shipped" in the regular reservation system. (But the chat told me it was "In Transit" days ago).

Sponsored

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I chatted with Ford this morning, my truck is on a CN train on its first leg of the trip to Oregon

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Figured I'd offer some info I dug up while trying to track my truck:

I read that I needed to reach out to my dealer to get the rail car # for the shipment of my Pro. We had a hurricane yesterday that I guess has them a bit overwhelmed, so I reached out to Ford directly and got the latest status, which was that it's in New Boston, Michigan at Ramp 5M. I did some digging and it appears New Boston is where vehicles from the Rouge plant go to be loaded onto rail cars for the longest part of their journey.

My window sticker says "convoy" on it, which others have noted means "via car-hauler truck," but apparently basically every vehicle has "convoy" on the sticker, regardless of whether they will end up on a train or not. My Lightning has to go from Michigan to Florida, so obviously that means the rails will be involved. Vehi-Ship LLC transported the truck from Rouge to New Boston. The truck hasn't been loaded onto a rail car yet, so there's no rail car number for them to give me. It's up to me to check back with Ford corporate or the dealership to see if it's made it onto a rail car. Once it has, the rail car number can be used to track the shipment via CSX or Union Pacific. Until it's on a rail car, Ford customer service and the dealership won't have another update, which means I won't, either.

My truck was classified as shipped on Nov. 8. Today is Nov. 11. I don't know what's typical for the delay between "shipped" and it being actually on a rail car, but for now, it's "shipped" about 20 miles in three days.
If you are in Florida you are probably on CSX or Norfolk Southern. I found this brochure on the NS website that shows a facility in Jacksonville. CSX has a map of facilities throughout Florida. Mine is on a Norfolk Southern train that was last seen in Ohio Thursday morning. I assume it is on the way to Winston-Salem NC.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/dam/n...lities/Automotive-Distribution-Facilities.pdf

https://www.csx.com/index.cfm/custo...istribution-services-inc-tdsi/maps-locations/

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
One thing to note about rail car tracking is that you are not tracking your truck. I was a bit confused today when I found that my rail car was in Kentucky which made no sense to me at it was headed to Kansas City from Michigan. After checking with Ford chat I realized that the truck was already unloaded in KC and the rail car must have continued on to KY.

Looks like my dealer in Iowa may have the truck early next week!
100%.

The trick with railcar tracking is you need to get a status updates (near the day the train is expected to arrive at your railcars stop) often or you may miss the important status update that lets you know your truck was unloaded. The trains typically make multiple stops per day to remove/add cars.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
From Ford Chat:

The vehicle has been built and is being transported from the plant to the Dealership via Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 2508817 (Vehi-ship Llc ). The estimated time of arrival is November 18-20, 2022.

Vehi-ship is just the company that delivers trucks from factory to rail yard, right? Not much tracking to do, yet, I assume. Vehi-Ship's site doesn't seem to offer any tracking capability.

My estimated delivery range got tighter, though. Instead of 11/18-11/24, it's now 11/18-11/20.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
From Ford Chat:

The vehicle has been built and is being transported from the plant to the Dealership via Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 2508817 (Vehi-ship Llc ). The estimated time of arrival is November 18-20, 2022.

Vehi-ship is just the company that delivers trucks from factory to rail yard, right? Not much tracking to do, yet, I assume. Vehi-Ship's site doesn't seem to offer any tracking capability.

My estimated delivery range got tighter, though. Instead of 11/18-11/24, it's now 11/18-11/20.
Yeah, assuming you follow my path you will be on a train soon. Be sure to ask specifically for a rail car number when chatting.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Yeah, assuming you follow my path you will be on a train soon. Be sure to ask specifically for a rail car number when chatting.
Thanks. I hope I'm right behind you! I asked for a rail car number today, but sounds like it's not that far, yet. Or they don't have the info yet.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I hope I'm right behind you! I asked for a rail car number today, but sounds like it's not that far, yet. Or they don't have the info yet.
Mine shipped the day before yours and is still at the rail yard in New Boston, so don't take it personally.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone managed to get their truck's modem activated by someone hitting "accept" on their touch screen while the truck was shipping? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when my truck gets moved from the New Boston parking lot to the rail car it's shipping to Florida in, the person driving the truck will tap that square on the screen.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Anyone managed to get their truck's modem activated by someone hitting "accept" on their touch screen while the truck was shipping? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when my truck gets moved from the New Boston parking lot to the rail car it's shipping to Florida in, the person driving the truck will tap that square on the screen.
I’m been hoping someone hits activate too
Sponsored