• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Wastewater Collections Technician
They came back saying they can’t but now I got them calling their program manager 🤞🏼
Sponsored

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
They are separate entities. Price protection is not the same or equivalent to or in place of the private offer. Hold the line men!
I'm not that bright... What's the difference?

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
I've read dealers try and say they are the same thing (you only get 1) or that the PCO was in place of the price protection.

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
They have the same effect - you are not impacted by price increases that occurred after your invitation to order; but they are accomplished in different ways. The private offer offsets the August price increase by providing a rebate against that increase. The price protection against the October price increase on Pros simply means that price increase does not apply to your pre-October Pro order.

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I've read dealers try and say they are the same thing (you only get 1) or that the PCO was in place of the price protection.
That is incorrect. Please see separate post. Easiest argument is simply that they are two different programs that apply to two different price increases (August, then October) on the Pro trim.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
‘Ford call the $7K “model year transition cash offer”. Don’t back down. You are entitled to it ifyou were told so during your order. Your certificate number for it is your reservation number and it is visible to dealer in SMARTVINcent

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
man this is frustrating
I’m at msrp less the 7k private offer
They say no documentation shows they stack and it doesn’t make sense. I keep saying it’s been done with no issues. Anyone know of a dealer who did it? I could have them call them to confirm

• Angry
Reactions: s_c

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
That is incorrect. Please see separate post. Easiest argument is simply that they are two different programs that apply to two different price increases (August, then October) on the Pro trim.
Ah got it... its for the Pro trim. Mine is Lariat ER, and dealer has the "private offer" ready to go. I think it shows as a "rebate" on the dealer system.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
man this is frustrating
They say no documentation shows they stack and it doesn’t make sense. I keep saying it’s been done with no issues. Anyone know of a dealer who did it? I could have them call them to confirm
This is for them to check your certificate for $7K:

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1669933832463

Some more stuff you could use:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Price_Protection_Private_Offer.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) PrivateOffer($7K)

Price protection, means Ford will honor the MSRP at the time of order:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) price_Protection

Sponsored

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
man this is frustrating
Granger has done it already

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Thank you!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Despite the delay in my ETA I did get confirmed, again, from my dealer that I'm getting the PCO and Price Protection. I hope it really goes as smoothly as I'm hoping.

I had originally reached out to my dealer to confirm they are open on 12/31 as my ETA is 12/30. They are.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Despite the delay in my ETA I did get confirmed, again, from my dealer that I'm getting the PCO and Price Protection. I hope it really goes as smoothly as I'm hoping.

I had originally reached out to my dealer to confirm they are open on 12/31 as my ETA is 12/30. They are.
What’s your dealer Benny?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you!
Regardless of what word play the dealer does, if you extended your reservation Ford has clearly in writting as I posted above promised 22MY pricing. Regardless of how the dealer labels it, that is the base MSRP you should be working with. You are fighting for the rest of us too. The more dealers getaway with it, the more dare to try.
Sponsored