• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog Not sure if you keep stats on the follow up delivery of the FCSP, but mine arrived today, 19 days post sale. No email or tracking number or anything, just a random FedEx guy requiring a signature.
I haven't set up any formal tracking of the FCSP delivery from Sunrun.

I had an existing subscription to FEDEX's informed delivery service years ago, so any packages heading to our address trigger an advanced alert.

Sunrun sent me an alert 7 days after taking delivery of the truck on 8/4, some folks reported emails stuck in spam filters.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1700523859081
Sponsored

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
@TaxmanHog Not sure if you keep stats on the follow up delivery of the FCSP, but mine arrived today, 19 days post sale. No email or tracking number or anything, just a random FedEx guy requiring a signature.
@Ford Motor Company This is such an easy fix. Let go of the past and send out the FCSP to every order holder. If they cancel, keep the deposit. Simple.

Brewer14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update on my order:
My truck is lost in the Bermuda triangle.

I have been communicating with Ford customer service. They created a case file with me and reached out to their logistics team. The response I got after a few weeks was that the truck was marked 310 status, which apparently means it has a not shippable status at the plant, i.e. it hasn't passed some inspections. It was also apparently moved to an offsite lot and marked delivered at some point. They couldn't tell me anymore though until it the inspections are passed and suggested I see if my dealer can push it along some other way.

My dealer was actually more useless. They weren't able to provide an additional info either and seemed less knowledgeable on the process than I would have expected. They claim they are at the mercy of Ford, multiple excuses about the UAW strike, etc. Phone calls and emails were never returned. When items were discussed and promised to be sent or followed up on, they weren't. A purchase of this level should come with a certain level of effort from their end. I was not overbearing or demanding, but there was almost zero effort put in by the dealer.

So I cancelled my order. I'd rather take my business elsewhere. There are about 8 Ford dealers in a 30 mi radius for me, which it turns out, have several Lightnings in stock on the lots. I ended up test driving a couple of XLT's and Lariats. I originally ordered a SR but with the recent price reductions the ER looked a lot more enticing and it still fits under the tax rebate level. I stumbled on a Lariat ER that a dealer knocked an additional $5k off the price on Sunday evening and drove it off the lot by Monday afternoon! A little early Thanksgiving treat.

My original order is lost in the ether somewhere and as painful as the process was, I'm very happy with the end result.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20231120_170803 - Copy

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So I cancelled my order. I'd rather take my business elsewhere. There are about 8 Ford dealers in a 30 mi radius for me, which it turns out, have several Lightnings in stock on the lots. I ended up test driving a couple of XLT's and Lariats. I originally ordered a SR but with the recent price reductions the ER looked a lot more enticing and it still fits under the tax rebate level. I stumbled on a Lariat ER that a dealer knocked an additional $5k off the price on Sunday evening and drove it off the lot by Monday afternoon! A little early Thanksgiving treat.

My original order is lost in the ether somewhere and as painful as the process was, I'm very happy with the end result.
Congrat's on this fantastic find!!

Unfortunately the Factory does leave dealers dangling as badly as the buying customer, I wouldn't hold this unusual situation against them.

Fair warning to others with orders stuck "IN PRODUCTION" walk out of the overdue order, get your walking shoes on and look for better opportunities at hand, you may be pleasantly surprised !

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
For anyone still monitoring this, please call out when you get your first OTA. I don't expect it yet, but want to know when they start. They did this with my MachE as well. I think it was about 6 months old before it got it's first and it caught up pretty quick. It's a small thing, but I'm really eager for the SOC to show on the dash without having to go to calm screen. Also, my brake coach is stuck (check marked as on, but isn't) and while that's not a huge deal, I'm hoping an OTA will jog it so that it's fixed too.

Sponsored

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
Has anyone in this group received any OTA updates? I took delivery on 10/11/23 and the only update has been the original high voltage battery CS Update. What do you think @TaxmanHog ?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_5274

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Has anyone in this group received any OTA updates? I took delivery on 10/11/23 and the only update has been the original high voltage battery CS Update. What do you think @TaxmanHog ?
I haven't and I don't really expect to before February. When I bought my MME, it took about 6 months from build date before it got the updates all the older ones were getting. Hope that people will call out here when they start getting theirs. Nice Plate BTW.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion, 2023 Lightning XLT-ER
Same, no updates yet. But I did notice the CSP for the battery has cleared, so I got that update.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It's going to be a while based on other folks reports.