• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Press Release: https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/204

TravelCenters of America Enters Agreement with Electrify America to Expand Electric Vehicle Infrastructure

Ford F-150 Lightning 1,000 Electrify America Chargers Coming to 200 TA Rest Stops Across the U.S. Small-959-TravelCentersofAmericaEntersAgreementwithElectrifyAmericatoExpandElectricVehicleInfr

TA and Electrify America Have Goal to Install DC Fast Chargers Nationwide
to Meet Needs of EV Drivers

WESTLAKE, Ohio – January 30, 2023 – TravelCenters of America Inc. (Nasdaq: TA), the nation’s largest publicly-traded full-service travel center network, announced today an agreement with Electrify America to offer electric vehicle charging at select TA/Petro locations with the first stations planned to be deployed in 2023. Electrify America is the largest open direct current fast-charging network in the U.S.

With a goal of installing approximately 1,000 individual chargers at 200 locations along major highways over five years, TA will purchase Electrify America’s DC (Direct Current) fast chargers. Electrify America will install, operate and maintain the charging stations at TA/Petro locations, through its Electrify Commercial business unit. Electrify America will manage the entire process to design and develop the charging stations – obtaining permitting approvals, provide warranty and 24/7 support services, and conduct onsite maintenance. TA will be included on the Electrify America charging network, allowing customers to access and pay for charging through the Electrify America app.

The network of charging stations will be open to almost all brands of EV vehicles and can deliver up to 350 kW to capable vehicles – some of the fastest charging speeds commercially available. The new charging stations help to provide range confidence to EV motorists traveling long distances by expanding access to hyper-fast charging, exemplifying TA’s commitment to providing accessible and reliable chargers to allow EV motorists stay on the go.

“TA’s large locations with expansive amenities are attractive to EV motorists and we are committed to expanding our EV charging infrastructure to accommodate this growing number of EV drivers over time,” said Jon Pertchik, Chief Executive Officer of TravelCenters of America. “Our agreement with best-in-class Electrify America provides an unmatched offering of excellence in locations, service, support.”

“Electrify America is pleased to collaborate with an industry leader like TravelCenters of America to provide the critical infrastructure needed for EV drivers of today and tomorrow,” said Giovanni Palazzo, President and Chief Executive Officer of Electrify America. “Our combined strengths allow us to take bigger steps toward our shared vision of a more sustainable future.”

Electrify Commercial - the business unit from Electrify America designed to deliver turnkey EV charging solutions to businesses, utility companies, fleet owners, travel centers and convenience stores – is developing EV charging programs tailored to fit customers’ individual needs. Electrify Commercial presents a unique opportunity for businesses like TravelCenters of America to own their own charging stations while leveraging Electrify America’s experience building the largest open, DC-fast charging network in the U.S.

TA’s site amenities and Electrify America’s robust abilities offer unique solutions to EV drivers, including convenient locations along major highways and close to exits, access to Wi-Fi at TA locations, modern restrooms, hyper-fast charging speeds up to 350 kW for capable vehicles, seamless Plug & Charge payment technology, and operations backed by 24/7 customer support and a 24/7 network operations center.

Together, TA and Electrify America are dedicated to meeting the evolving needs of motorists and are charging toward a more sustainable future.

About TravelCenters of America
TravelCenters of America Inc. (Nasdaq: TA) is the nation's largest publicly traded full-service travel center network. Founded in 1972 and headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, its over 18,000 team members serve guests in 281 locations in 44 states, principally under the TA®, Petro Stopping Centers® and TA Express® brands. Offerings include diesel and gasoline fuel, truck maintenance and repair, full-service and quick-service restaurants, travel stores, car and truck parking and other services dedicated to providing great experiences for its guests. TA is committed to sustainability, with its specialized business unit, eTA, focused on sustainable energy options for professional drivers and motorists. TA operates over 600 full-service and quick-service restaurants and nine proprietary brands, including Iron Skillet® and Country Pride®. For more information, visit www.ta-petro.com.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Anyone have any idea where these might be? I am not really familiar with TA

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Hopefully they have a tech on site to trouble shoot non-working Charging Stations

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
TA has locations throughout the country, but looking at their locations along the routes I typically travel, there are already existing EA station pretty close to the TA stations. I’m not sure whether to expect their design to focus on adding coverage to the existing network or adding capacity to areas that are already covered

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
TA has over 250 locations.
These are going in at 200 locations, or ~80% of their locations, over 5 years.

SOME, may be installed this year.

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Hopefully this will add some chargers along i81 in PA.

Scranton
Harrisburg

Also keep in mind Flying J/Pilot is in that charger agreement with EvGO/GM-Ultium...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Scranton
Harrisburg
Yeah, When I go to Pittsburgh, I usually hit Scranton, but it's reliability has been dropping off lately which isn't a good sign.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yeah, When I go to Pittsburgh, I usually hit Scranton, but it's reliability has been dropping off lately which isn't a good sign.
That charger at Sheetz in Scranton is sketchy at best. There is *supposed* to be a charger installed at Dorrance just south of W-B but that has been "under construction" for several months. Who know when it will get done.

Would like to see a charger on the East side of Harrisburg...

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That charger at Sheetz in Scranton is sketchy at best. There is *supposed* to be a charger installed at Dorrance just south of W-B but that has been "under construction" for several months. Who know when it will get done.

Would like to see a charger on the East side of Harrisburg...
Agreed. Last time I used Scranton (earlier this month) I had to shift stations twice and then call to get a remote reboot of the chargers before I could get anything working. Unfortunately that is the first stop I typically make headed to Pittsburgh and in the winter / cold doesn't leave me much margin for error if it is down completely. I could always stop in Binghamton instead, but due to the distances, that adds an extra stop to the trip.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired

Scranton
Harrisburg

Also keep in mind Flying J/Pilot is in that charger agreement with EvGO/GM-Ultium...
Hershey. Beside Troegs if possible.
Harrisburg. Near PizzaBoy if possible.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The announcement didn't state whether drive through chargers will be part of the expansion. I certainly hope so. The EVGO & GM plan with Pilot & Flying J does spedify that a drive through will be included. This will be a great thing for those pulling a trailer.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Someone needs to make a deal with Loves, would really help the midwest deadzones.
Sponsored