• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Visit to Electrify America - Wow

Jarratt

First Name
Jarratt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Tacoma, Model 3, Lariat Max Tow, lng range
Did you call EA while you were there and report the issues?
I've called when I've experienced parallel service. Nice, overworked reps tried to help, but couldn't. He rebooted. He took a station offline. Nothing worked. I've had abysmal EA service.
Sponsored

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE. 23 LYRIQ on order its built
EA doesn't care. There are 6 stalls at the Mall of New Hampshire that have been absolute dogshit for more than 3 months now. I don't even consider it an option at this point because it's been so unreliable. The comments on PlugShare going back three months are brutal and I've personally reached out to EA no fewer than 4 times and they've done jacksquat about it. What makes it even more frustrating is that 23 miles south of those stalls is a very reliable and consistent 6 stalls that have become my go to if I need them.
There are 4 stalls at the Mall of NH which most of the time 1 or 2 are down and the other run at 40-62 kWh. I was there Tuesday and all 4 were running from 20 -62 kWh and all were taken. I to have been frustrated with this location. Then the EV go in Bedford NH a couple miles west has been down for three months.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Exactly this. I never have range axiety, but I do have availability and functinality anxiety. I'd be happy to spend $1/kWh on my (very rare) road-trips if it discouraged some non-road-trippers that could otherwise charge at home or a public L2 when appropriate. And a much higher price this would (you hope) incentivize DCFC providers to keep their s_ working.
This is a ridiculous statement. That's over 100% increase from current rates, 177% from Pass+ rates. Because your trips are very rare you don't care about the cost.

Most do.

The federal funding requires 97% uptime. You don't bribe them to provide that, you mandate it.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Exactly this. I never have range axiety, but I do have availability and functinality anxiety. I'd be happy to spend $1/kWh on my (very rare) road-trips if it discouraged some non-road-trippers that could otherwise charge at home or a public L2 when appropriate. And a much higher price this would (you hope) incentivize DCFC providers to keep their s_ working.
If I have to pay over $100 to "fill up" my F150, it's gonna be for sale. Why not fill it with gas in 5 minutes for less money?

We have 2 EcoBoost F150's with 36 gallon tanks in the family. $100 to fill up at the $2.75/gal rates we have, and I can drive 75 for 7 or 8 hours, and not worry where I have to stop and whether I can even fill up again. With the Lightning, if I go 3 hours at 75, I'm about done for.

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Not ridiculous if everyone gets what they want. And if it's me, and I can roll right up to an always available and always reliably >120kW DCFC if everyone else's systems are slow & overcrowded? I'll pay. I value my time.

Probably not EA anytime soon, but it would be nice if they proved me wrong.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Not ridiculous if everyone gets what they want. And if it's me, and I can roll right up to an always available and always reliably >120kW DCFC if everyone else's systems are slow & overcrowded? I'll pay. I value my time.

Probably not EA anytime soon, but it would be nice if they proved me wrong.
Personally, if the prices were that high I'd just rent a vehicle to drive long distances and use gas. The prices don't need to be that high for reliability, Tesla doesn't charge that much for their superchargers

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Personally, if the prices were that high I'd just rent a vehicle to drive long distances and use gas. The prices don't need to be that high for reliability, Tesla doesn't charge that much for their superchargers
For a very long time Tesla was entirely unconcerned about profit from charging. It's entirely possible they still aren't and just need to break even on operation costs, not even accounting for capital investment.
Sponsored