• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
seems to me they've got a lot of nerve raising their prices with all the quality issues they've got
No nerve… Just a government subsidized monopoly
Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
P.S. I dont think EV's are going to do anything to "save the planet".
Carboncounter.com | Cars evaluated against climate targets (from MIT)

You can identify vehicles by mousing over the various dots. The Ford F-150 Lightning Pro is the yellow dot in the middle just above the highest dashed line.

I was all for fuel cells and a hydrogen economy, but you can see where they stand currently in the graph relative to the best EVs, of which the Ford Lightning is not one, as far as saving the planet (still better than most ICE vehicles, though).

IIRC, the best thing that EVs have going for them is that they transmute the energy they carry a lot more efficiently into motion than ICE vehicles, which, although they have a higher power density in gasoline, waste a lot of that energy in unused heat. If someone could only figure out a way to at least double the power density of EV batteries while increasing charging speed ~10-fold without sacrificing battery lifespan..... Lower maintenance costs for EVs, yada, yada.

Last edited:

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[/
Carboncounter.com | Cars evaluated against climate targets (from MIT)

You can identify vehicles by mousing over the various dots. The Ford F-150 Lightning Pro is the yellow dot in the middle just above the highest dashed line.

I was all for fuel cells and a hydrogen economy, but you can see where they stand currently in the graph relative to the best EVs, of which the Ford Lightning is not one, as far as saving the planet (still better than most ICE vehicles, though).

IIRC, the best thing that EVs have going for them is that they transmute the energy they carry a lot more efficiently into motion than ICE vehicles, which, although they have a higher power density in gasoline, waste a lot of that energy in unused heat. If someone could only figure out a way to at least double the power density of EV batteries while increasing charging speed ~10-fold without sacrificing battery lifespan..... Lower maintenance costs for EVs, yada, yada.
Yep and you taking a leak in the ocean is going to warm that up as well.

Trust me I’m not mad at you, and I’m not here to change your mind. It should just be known that not everybody here or anybody that drives in EV are on the same side of the “climate” theories.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
There's not much of debate about human caused global warming. ExxonMobil even agrees it's a thing. The debate is what to do about it, if anything.

Climate change aside, there is one undeniable benefit of EVs; they move combustion emissions away from where people live. Even if power plants continue to burn fossil fuels it's a lot easier to mitigate emissions at a single facility that can run at peak efficiency.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
You are aware that Exxon hired some of the best climate scientist back in the 70's, who among them most didn't believe in climate warming. Through there research the climate scientist did some of the most extensive research that had been done at that time. They came away with yes the climate is warming & yes the burning of fossil fuels is a big contributor. Exxon choice to hide the research & deny their contribution to climate warming with misinformation.

I choice to believe in evidence based science for my facts on the climate.

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1) Tell China, Russia and India. Im sure you'll convince them and you will make a big difference!

2) Scientists say earth is 4.54 billion years old and there is evidence that temp has fluctuated (up & down!). Making sweeping conclusions from ~200 years of true data sampling is full of hubris.

Im not here to fight the internet today. I respect your opinion, I just dont share it. Sorry. Many people do, many people dont. I wont convince you. You wont convince me.

My statement was simply, there are EV buyers that could care less about the perceived climate effect. They do exist.

Furthermore I think the EV community does itself a disservice by alienating those that may not have the same climate stance.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Go figure. Their charging stations blow up EVs and now they have to raise the rates so they can pay for them. Based on how crappy and intermittent their service is, they should be lowering rates to attract people. It's like going to a gas station that puts water in ur tank, if their pump even works, then thinking it's a good idea to raise prices. Stupid.
This is what's so great about the internets - "information" like this.

Not a single EV has "blown up". Not one.
I don't think a single EV has caught fire either. Feel free to link to factual information disputing my statements.

I don't believe there's any confirmation of exactly what has happened to the vehicles, nor the cause (vehicle or charger), beyond big fuses blowing and handles not detaching.

Of course, raising rates must be to pay for this, because they can't possibly have insurance that covers any responsibility they may have... :rolleyes:

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I choice to have the opinion of the overwhelming majority of people that study climate. That is pretty indisputable and that is my last comment for this thread.

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
To be expected given the economy and tasks ahead of them with terminal replacements and expansion plans!

They are still a reasonably cheaper source of energy than my home charging.

Based on my last charging event of 45 minutes 29 seconds the after sales tax cost will go from $11.44 to $13.82 for the 98 KWH consumed, that comes to $0.1411 per kWh, less than my $0.2470 cost at home, so they will be my go to on long road trips.
EA in MA is ridiculously cheap. Few times I have been up to the state, I have always been surprised compared to the $0.31/kwh I'm paying everywhere else.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
This is what's so great about the internets - "information" like this.

Not a single EV has "blown up". Not one.
I don't think a single EV has caught fire either. Feel free to link to factual information disputing my statements.

I don't believe there's any confirmation of exactly what has happened to the vehicles, nor the cause (vehicle or charger), beyond big fuses blowing and handles not detaching.

Of course, raising rates must be to pay for this, because they can't possibly have insurance that covers any responsibility they may have... :rolleyes:
Cheese n rice i think this China balloon is brainwashing everyone into becoming sensitive Sally's.

factual information disputing your petty need to start arguments:

https://www.evfiresafe.com/post/electric-car-explosions

https://insideevs.com/news/423581/severe-electric-car-fire-explosion-charging/

I can post more links if you want. But now you're the one spreading fake news, and my simple statement is proven as fact. And as an EV owner, I feel that you should educate yourself more about the dangers so you're better prepared in case you experience a situation one day. I have a plan in place with my family if God forbid anything were to go south while we drive. Call me overly cautious, but I love my family so i don't really care.

There have been more problems reported across the forums with Electrify America than with any other network. Not saying that they're all perfect. But you forget VW was forced by the government as a penalty to build this network because of Dieselgate. Based on their track record and practices, I really don't trust them to build a quality network.

Per your logic, their insurance company should've covered the costs of the judgement and paid for their entire EV charger buildout. They should drop the charging rates to free if that's the case. But i'm pretty sure insurance wasn't that generous. So looking at the big picture, VW just trying to get their billions back for their stupidity and in turn it comes out of our pockets. But now they are getting greedy. If you're supposedly the largest network then make sure the price backs up the quality of your product. Yet instead of worrying about quality, they worry about quantity. VW used to be known for their quality. They're worth $77 billion. With their reputation on the line, they should ensure their charging network is as good as they used to be. I have no sympathy for them and will always be critical about them because this is dangerous stuff. Our lives and our families are on the line. Nobody should defend their faulty equipment. And its only getting worse. I hope if they're found at fault for these mishaps, i hope there is a huge class action and people sue the crap out of them. The chatter about this has already started.. oh, here's one link since you need proof. You're a big boy, you can find more yourself.

Blink is another crap company. Quit selling off fast chargers to local electric companies and tiny startups that don't know what they're doing. If you do, remove the damn Blink logos on the chargers and from your maps. People get to them, scan their cc and can't charge. Your customer service has no idea why there's a problem, or claims the charger doesn't belong to them. Only later do I find a little decal on the back of one with a QR and no other information as to who owns it and how to charge. At least nothing blew up in my truck when i figured out how to use it and finally got it working.

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Scientists say earth is 4.54 billion years old and there is evidence that temp has fluctuated (up & down!).
Very true. But it wasn't random. Geological data shows temperature fluctuations were invariably associated with the gas/volcanic content of the atmosphere - and past much higher CO2 levels lead to global warming and ocean rise. The main thing is mankind around the world has particularly settled in low-lying coastal areas. As sea levels rise, there will be tremendous economic and social displacement in a relatively short span of time, a few hundred years. Unfortunately, I probably won't be around long enough to see places like Galveston, NYC, San Francisco, etc., go underwater, and be able to say (to anyone), "I told you so." And then there's the effect of rising temperatures, a much more acidic ocean, and more severe weather (drought or floods). So, sorry for the off-topic diversion. EA may be sick, as our government may be overall. Humanity needs to get its act together. In the Middle Ages, Europeans lived in their own sh*t and garbage in cities-and died like flies in great pandemics. So, we're just doing that sort of crap on a more global scale today. Rather than say to hell with any charging networks, we need to be for making things work better rather than counting on it to happen by spontaneous generation. BTW, if all the world's ice melts, Houston will go under, too, as well as a bunch of other coastal U.S. cities. Sea level is estimated to rise 230 feet if all the world's ice melts. How would sea level change if all glaciers melted? | U.S. Geological Survey (usgs.gov). Houston is only 50 feet above sea level.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Cheese n rice i think this China balloon is brainwashing everyone into becoming sensitive Sally's.

factual information disputing your petty need to start arguments:

https://www.evfiresafe.com/post/electric-car-explosions

https://insideevs.com/news/423581/severe-electric-car-fire-explosion-charging/

I can post more links if you want. But now you're the one spreading fake news, and my simple statement is proven as fact.
More garbage. You said that EA was blowing up cars. Now one of your links is to EA blowing a car up. You provided links for unsubstantiated issues in CHINA.

The beauty of this forum's software is that I can click on your name, then IGNORE, and I won't see any more of your false statements.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
More garbage. You said that EA was blowing up cars. Now one of your links is to EA blowing a car up. You provided links for unsubstantiated issues in CHINA.

The beauty of this forum's software is that I can click on your name, then IGNORE, and I won't see any more of your false statements.
I'm the one making false statements?

You said no EV has ever blown up, and no ev has caught fire. I gave you two examples. Your statements were very broad in scope and could misinform another reader. Hence, I showed two examples that your statements were false.

It's sad that you run away from your problems and need to IGNORE people you don't agree with instead of having a healthy discussion. But I understand some people get overwhelmed and angry when they are wrong and need to go to their safe space. Seek help my friend. Good luck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
EA in MA is ridiculously cheap. Few times I have been up to the state, I have always been surprised compared to the $0.31/kwh I'm paying everywhere else.
The only way I can see that EA can afford to make this work, is that folks in HYDRO GEN states like the PNW and elsewhere are subsidizing the rest of us $$/MIN states

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Damn guys, this thread was on EA pricing and look where the conversation has gone!

Focus up kids!!
Sponsored