• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
Got my truck back. Seemed to have successfully applied the fix TSB fix. The software appears to be at the 1.7.1 level, but no further. We’ll see what happens OTA over the next few days…
Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Got my truck back. Seemed to have successfully applied the fix TSB fix. The software appears to be at the 1.7.1 level, but no further. We’ll see what happens OTA over the next few days…
Keep us posted if your OTAs start back up. The dealer fix would be the ideal situation for me, rather than spending $500+ a weekend updating.

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Dropped the truck off this morning requesting they perform TSB 22-2117. Picked it up this afternoon and was told nothing worked and Ford tech line admitted that the TSB’s aren’t working either. Said they’ll have something “in May”.
So where does this fall on your BS meter? You believe your service guys here or do you think they’re just blowing you off to cover their incompetence/lack of desire to help???
@Refactoringdr had success with his dealer performing the TSB.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
So where does this fall on your BS meter? You believe your service guys here or do you think they’re just blowing you off to cover their incompetence/lack of desire to help???
@Refactoringdr had success with his dealer performing the TSB.
Who knows? When it comes to software issues I have no confidence in dealership service departments. I'm sure these techs didn't sign up to be programmers as well as repair techs so I'm sure this stuff makes them apprehensive. If the truck otherwise runs just fine then why prioritize it over mechanical repairs that can be fixed and monetized. Smart of Ford to move to OTA and bypass the dealers altogether...except for us Job 1 builds.

@Refactoringdr can you turn on your updates now? Do you see a Sync version and revision number?

The dealership essentially ended the conversation with "don't call us, we'll call you". Third one I've been to with this issue. I just hoped the new TSB would do it.

Sponsored

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
@Refactoringdr can you turn on your updates now? Do you see a Sync version and revision number?
Yes, that switch works and the sync version and revision numbers are showing again. Apple navigation shows on the driver console, so I assume I’m successfully at 1.7.1. However, I can’t switch the Cruise Control to intelligent mode for some reason…

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Just checking in on @Refactoringdr and any others who had their dealer do the fix for 1.7.1. How is it working and did you get any OTAs over the weekend?

I'm also watching the MachE forum for one of them to say they got an OTA from the fix (as well as adding an Ebay search for MongoosePro, but so far just bikes :) )

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Just checking in on @Refactoringdr and any others who had their dealer do the fix for 1.7.1. How is it working and did you get any OTAs over the weekend?

I'm also watching the MachE forum for one of them to say they got an OTA from the fix (as well as adding an Ebay search for MongoosePro, but so far just bikes :) )
I have an appointment with my dealership on April 7, they need to close out a seatbelt recall for me. So I'll let them take a shot at updating my stuck 1.7.1 I don't have any confidence in them fixing this, hopefully they don't f-up the truck. I'll report back here on how I make out.
If it's not fully updated when I get it back, I'll take it on with FDRS and mongoose myself.

ken325i

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retired
Just got my 21 F150 KR back from the dealer. He updated the software and all is working well. I had a job 1 production, with failed 1.7.1 and grayed auto update. Issues have now been resolved and Sync 4 version is updated. Will see how auto updates now work......

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
^how long did they have it for? i called 2 dealerships and they both didn't seem to have it together when i presented the issue. both said they'd want the truck a few days to figure out if anything is wrong despite me giving them the tsb number.

Sponsored

ken325i

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retired
^how long did they have it for? i called 2 dealerships and they both didn't seem to have it together when i presented the issue. both said they'd want the truck a few days to figure out if anything is wrong despite me giving them the tsb number.
The dealer started yesterday approx 1:30. He called and said he was just starting and had to run to Best Buy and buy wiring adapter. He called me this morning at 9:30 and said it was done. My guess on time -- 4-5 hours.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Who knows? When it comes to software issues I have no confidence in dealership service departments. I'm sure these techs didn't sign up to be programmers as well as repair techs so I'm sure this stuff makes them apprehensive. If the truck otherwise runs just fine then why prioritize it over mechanical repairs that can be fixed and monetized. Smart of Ford to move to OTA and bypass the dealers altogether...except for us Job 1 builds.

The dealership essentially ended the conversation with "don't call us, we'll call you". Third one I've been to with this issue. I just hoped the new TSB would do it.
I see from the other thread that you conquered this obstacle yourself and not only fixed what the TSB is for, but you went far further!

Good job.
I only regret that I didn't put 2 & 2 together and realized who that pm was from. Sorry about that. :)

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR, 4X4, AMB, FX4
Occupation
Retired
I just spoke with the service tech and the cable to do the update will be delivered tomorrow. I'll drop my truck off in the morning and they say I'll be first as soon as they receive the cable. The good is I should have the fix done NLT Wednesday, the bad is my truck will be the Guiney Pig for this dealership.