• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

$1 PER KWH?

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
* TRUE: 240v charging where your EV 'parks' is the only real long-term solution for anyone contemplating owning an EV. Having a 240v NEMA 14-50 outlet everywhere possible cannot be understated... yes, I will put more consideration into a rental that already has this. I am looking into a 3-month rental option right now for my wife's INTERNSHIP in the Orlando area, and this is one of my considerations, or asking the owner to allow me to install one myself.

** TRUE: apartment/condo/rental dwellers do not have the 'ease' of installing a 240v outlet, as we homeowner's do... this impacts the ability to drive an EV in those situations. More and more complex owners are being pressured to provide this, but, honestly, unless those charging stations/outlets are 'fee-based', the landlord is going to be hard-pressed to spend the money to provide them - that ain't cheap.

*** MAYBE: DC Fast Charging IS the need for the long-term, and not just for 'travel', but for the shear need of LOCATIONS to be able to get the power. We don't need SPEED, we need LOCATIONS...
My last point was not well stated. You are correct. Need DCFC everywhere for travelers. I meant to say that everywhere a car sits, there should be Level 2, so there is far less reliance on DCFC. Apartment dwellers would then not be clogging chargers, like is currently happening in metro areas, and I would not have to rely on it if I travel out of town and arrive with an empty battery. I just charge where I park for the night.
Sponsored