• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

10k mile service/check up...

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I know there are members that have surpassed this milestone, have you had the 10k mile "service/check up" suggested by Ford? If so, what was included? I went to the dealer site to schedule it and saw that they wanted $69.99 for the service but didn't provide any information on what it entailed. I went ahead and schedule only for the recall on the Modem (I think) but didn't take the suggested 10k service. I might get the tires rotated since I've taken 2, 2k mile trips and 1, 1k mile trip.
Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
10k service should be about $19.99 for a tire rotation and a bunch of visual inspections. Some dealers will tack on their standard disposal fees, shop supply fees, coffee/donut/wifi fees. Some dealers will give you a detailed quote or provide online booking that breaks it out for you. Good luck. Here's an example from a local dealer's website:

Ford F-150 Lightning 10k mile service/check up... 1685980262885

Last edited:

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
I paid 34.17$. Tire Rotation, check fluid, multi-point inspection. I also got a print out about the battery health. It is just a green, yellow, and red. (no percentage)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This is in both your manual, as well as the Service tab of Ford Pass (which has the maintenance schedule and the manual.)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I paid 34.17$. Tire Rotation, check fluid, multi-point inspection. I also got a print out about the battery health. It is just a green, yellow, and red. (no percentage)
I suspect that's the 12v battery...

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'm thinking about doing this more out of curiosity than anything. And the passenger window position sensor seems to have failed so I need to go in anyway.

OP
OP

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Based on the response @RickLightning posted, I'm inclined to follow through on the whole 10k mile review. The Ford Pass App did provide some detail on the process.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
The dealership wanted to change the oil in my Mach E at 10k miles. When I asked how many quarts it took, then it got interesting watching them look for the answer.

I am hoping for better knowledge with my Lightning.

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Given I get my tires "swapped" with winter tires -- and given I drive less than 10k miles a year -- I don't need another "rotation". So am I safe to forget this entire service?

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
We got the maintenance package when we bought a Focus Electric in Nov 2017. It was for six years or 120,000 km (about 75,000 mi) which we hit last November (after 5 years). It covered all the wearables the bumper-to-bumper warranty didn't cover, except LED and HID bulbs. It included 7 checkups, where they would change the wipers each visit and the cabin air filter every other visit, besides the usual checks on the report card.

I was originally sold on it because it covered brake jobs. However, a dealership told me that Ford only covers brakes when the pads get below 4 mm - at 120k, my front pads were still 4-5 mm and the rear were 9. Ford said they don't have such a requirement, and it's up to the dealership - go figure. Either way, regen braking significantly reduced brake wear!

For my wife's Lightning, we chose to have a 150,000 km (93,000 mi) limit on both the extended warranty and maintenance plan. It was a few hundred extra, but they gave us a discount to bring their cost back down. In our case, it helped to mention we would not be purchasing them at the time with the vehicle so we could shop around.

With the 6-year/150,000 km maintenance package, nine visits are included instead of seven with the 120k limit.

Whether we come out ahead or behind a bit is not as important as not having to worry about what it will cost to take the vehicle in for anything in the next six years.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The dealership wanted to change the oil in my Mach E at 10k miles. When I asked how many quarts it took, then it got interesting watching them look for the answer.

I am hoping for better knowledge with my Lightning.
I would expect them to know the Lightning oil refill capacity, yes.

johnnyonetime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
2022 Lightning Lariat. $19.99 at Quick Lane service center affiliated with Ford dealer in New Smyrna Beach, FL.
I took it in for 5000 and 10000 mile checkup mainly for tire rotation. No issues, maintenance shows up on Ford Pass and I used rewards points to pay for both visits. 😎
Sponsored