• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

14-50 vs Charge Station Pro - charge rate difference?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Love this idea. I’m still using 32amp. 48amp definitely would be great. Not sure I need the 80amp that’s still in the box…. Everything is on hold for now.
It all comes down to how fast you need to recharge.

If you are charging overnight, then 48A is more than adequate.

If you need faster daytime charging between drives, then 80A would be the max.

I only charge once a week at home on my 48A EVSE and it gets done by 6 hours which is an easy quarter day of a weekend.
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had planned on installing the charge station but so far I only need to charge it once a week overnight and the mobile cord is working great. Derating the charge station would be nice so the mobile cord could stay in my frunk in case of an emergency.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I had planned on installing the charge station but so far I only need to charge it once a week overnight and the mobile cord is working great. Derating the charge station would be nice so the mobile cord could stay in my frunk in case of an emergency.
All but the Ford Mobile Charger can be set to a maximum amperage in the unit.
Sponsored