• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Charge Rate

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
After I posted my screenshot from the app I was worried that might be the case. :confused:

I have an Emporia Vue so I will try the same test in a few hours when I am up.
Let me know.. I hope it's just a bug.
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I have used Ford Pass to vary current from 16Å to 80Å. @16 it drew 24 or 32Å, I don’t recall. Couldn’t run lower than that. Hardware setting was set at max during install and haven’t changed it.
So setting on Ford Pass anywhere between 32 and 80 works on my FCSP.

tomjackbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata, Honda HRV, Ford F150L
Unfortunately I didn’t get very far. I get this error when trying to derate below 80A. I tried removing and reconnecting the CSP from Ford Pass but still get the same error.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Charge Rate 84D9875F-9741-415C-A303-68D0C043318D

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I manually set the dial to 48A in the FCSP but the app still shows the full scale up to 80A. It would be more clear if the app received feedback from the FCSP and adjusted the scale appropriately. I set the app to 48A to match the dial in the unit but I’m not sure if that actually makes any difference.
@4Reeley
Not sure if this posted below.
firstly OUR experience with Ford software has been anything but spectacular. How about the email you get each time you connect CSP to your ford pass account in mentions being able to control who can charge. Nope. That works for for Mach e connected chargers.
not sure you should be surprised that the app doesn’t “know” you changed the internal hard dial.

so test your setup! While not scientific. Check your fordpass app while charging and after 30 minutes see how many kwh you‘ve put in. Stop charging, drop the max charge amps and charge for another 30 minutes. Check app. Compare results.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
When I first set up my FCSP I had my electrician set the dial to 48A. I opened the app and noticed the sliding scale max charge current and set it to 48A. A couple observations:

It charges at 48A, as expected.

Next charge I went back and changed the app to 40A and it charged at 40A, with the yellow/blue light indicating it was charging at a reduced rate - good.

Next charge I tried to move the app to 56A and it fails to update with the error “charge station derate failed” - good.

It will only let me save the app setting to a max of 48A, which matches the dial setting - good.

Seems like this behavior all makes sense and there is some level of feedback provided by the FCSP to the app. I did change the app current before my first charge, so I’m not sure if it would have derated the app automatically to match the dial setting if I had just plugged in and charged first.

Last thing I will add is my first charge showed the total kWh on the Insights table but subsequent charges have failed to appear in the table. Not sure what happened. Without the hour by hour data it wasn’t that helpful anyways.

Sponsored

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is a little more specific. What I mean by that.. is I ran 2 gauge wire and installed a 100amp breaker. so my physical switch setting is on 7 = 80amps. This part works and I can confirm using my home energy monitoring system sense.com that the number of kW being consumed equals out to around 82amps.

When I go into my FordPass App and adjust the rate down to anything below 80. I've tried 50,40,30,15,6. The kW being used according to my monitoring system do not go down at all.

I have a wallbox charger as well and it supports turning down the AMP's. I can clearly watch the kW drop on my sense.com monitor.

So what I am saying it's not guess work. It's actual data showing it's not dropping. I am curious if anyone else has similar tools to validate if it's working as expected or are most people just trusting the app that it adjusted down. I hope this makes sense.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Charge Rate Untitled

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Mine is a little more specific. What I mean by that.. is I ran 2 gauge wire and installed a 100amp breaker. so my physical switch setting is on 7 = 80amps. This part works and I can confirm using my home energy monitoring system sense.com that the number of kW being consumed equals out to around 82amps.

When I go into my FordPass App and adjust the rate down to anything below 80. I've tried 50,40,30,15,6. The kW being used according to my monitoring system do not go down at all.

I have a wallbox charger as well and it supports turning down the AMP's. I can clearly watch the kW drop on my sense.com monitor.

So what I am saying it's not guess work. It's actual data showing it's not dropping. I am curious if anyone else has similar tools to validate if it's working as expected or are most people just trusting the app that it adjusted down. I hope this makes sense.

Untitled.jpg
I measured withnclamp meter
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Charge Rate 5B224A19-D9D8-4599-9742-95B657B81B93
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Charge Rate 7722F93C-91F1-42CB-BC5F-49C0B0823D91

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
So if you turn yours down in the Ford Pass App does the AMP draw go down? Mine does not.
Exactly. Those readings are for 48 amp and 80 amp settings. I’ll concede some error in the clamp meter but not much. Maybe a few % of reading.

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Exactly. Those readings are for 48 amp and 80 amp settings. I’ll concede some error in the clamp meter but not much. Maybe a few % of reading.
I apologize.. I didn't see the second photo of it showing the lower amperage.. Ok.. well maybe there is something wrong with mine... :(

Sponsored

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Reviewed my charge log and app setting appears to be working. Set at 40A takes twice as long for charge. Will need to confirm with amp guage. My charger also show a blue and yellow light indicating it is charging at a reduced rate.

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
If you’re wired for 80 A what is the advantage of dialing the charging rate down? Does this somehow help with battery longevity?

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
If you’re wired for 80 A what is the advantage of dialing the charging rate down? Does this somehow help with battery longevity?
I haven't received mine yet, but I plan on wiring it for 80 amps and probably only having it set to 64 amps in winter and 48 in summer. I'll need to recover more mileage in the winter and less in the summer during my off-peak charging times.

My reasoning for dialing it back is I'll have 2 EV's charging at the same time. Between the 2 I'll be pulling over 100a at the same time. I'm sure my 200A service can handle it, especially with it happening overnight, but I don't want to take any chances of tripping my main in the middle of the night.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Outside of preconditioning during the winter I see no advantage. I wonder about small draws when set to 80Å causing excessive cycling.

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
Couple pictures of my self-install:

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Charge Rate 1667090612823

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Charge Rate 1667090663903

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Charge Rate 1667090769137
Sponsored