• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Charge Rate Slowing Down

ranger5ft21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
When I originally got the charge station pro installed, I was getting about 41-43 added miles per hour, but recently I've noticed I'm only getting about 30-31 added miles for hour. With the new charge rate, I've noticed the charger kicks on and off throughout the charge session. I'll be honest, I didn't pay much attention to whether it did that before, but it seems like it's doing it more often which is leading to a slower charge rate. Does anyone know a couple troubleshooting ideas to get back to the original rate? No settings on the charge station have been adjusted since the install. I'm not sure if it's the truck, the charge station, wire for the charge station, electrical company slowing service in the summer, etc.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
First, turn off charger breaker for 5 minutes and then turn back on.

Are you somewhere hot? Heat slows it down.

OP
OP

ranger5ft21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
First, turn off charger breaker for 5 minutes and then turn back on.

Are you somewhere hot? Heat slows it down.
I'll give this a try when I get home later tonight. I'm in the mid-atlantic region, so we get high 90s in the summer.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
What does FordPass show for a charge rate in KW? Stating a charge rate in mph is subjective, at best.

OP
OP

ranger5ft21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
What does FordPass show for a charge rate in KW? Stating a charge rate in mph is subjective, at best.
I know when it was first installed in was 17 kWh, but I think recently it's been about 13 kWh. The charge logs don't keep the kWh, it just keeps the time charged and how many miles. If my math is right it translates to ~41 miles added (17 <charge rate> / 131 <capacity> * 320 <avg range>) and ~31 miles (13 <charge rate> / 131 <capacity> * 320 <avg range>). I never synced the CSP with my FordPass account (planning to do that this week), so hopefully I'll be able to get more data when charging like efficiency.

I need to charge it tonight when I get home, so I will verify the charge rate then.

I wouldn't think the temperature would play a major factor since I charge at night and it's in the 70s.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Look at the lights on the charger, then look them up in the charger manual.

Dial it down in amperage when you find out it's overheating.
Sponsored