• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

didiasku

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
there isn’t a fix. Only the 21 job 2 trucks allow it. It’s the rear cam in motion. Livnitup and Ihave tried everything and it’s a limitation of the job 1 ipma. I hope an update will be released to fix it. I have seen late job 2 ipma data that goes back to the same structure of the job one. This gives me hope they are going to release an update. Job one also can’t get full screen cargo and cargo cam in side stack like job 2 can
Im on powerup 1.4 and mine works after doing the 3 mods in forscan. just fyi
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Your rear cam in motion while driving works . I’d like to see this and know your build date

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Your rear cam in motion while driving works . I’d like to see this and know your build date
I too am on Power Up 1.7.1, and I was also able to use Livinit Up’s sheet to manually change those 3 lines in the 2 modules, reset the APIM, and then the cameras in motion works for me now also! First button press gives hitch cam and second press gives 360 view with cargo cam.

I have a job 1 Platinum Powerboost with 7.2 Pro Power, and Blue Cruise Prep, purchased on 1/15/21. The last update I received notification of was 1.7.1, on 7/28/21, and nothing after that. I have installed the widget and I think it also says I have 1.7.1, so I have included some of the raw data for assistance.

Maybe someone can help me understand why it says Vehicle Not Drivable. And, how can I tell the failed update version?

Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 32407FC4-BBAE-48DA-AEB4-4969301F34AA

Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? AA28E2A9-58AE-4F54-9DD5-19A982496514

Bed Cam & 360 Cam In Motion:
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 99996EDB-76D2-4981-9746-A60D822D610E

Hitch Cam:
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? DA455542-9F14-428B-92D6-EA7E074E0C18

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think we are having a misunderstanding. I know that cams can be made to work in motion. I’m the one that first told everyone on here about it. What we are looking at is the rear cam in motion. There is a difference in job one and 2 ability with cams.
Why I ask the previous poster to show is because if the rear cam in motion is working I want to know.

SudS2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat High, S2000
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Thank you all for your work on Forscan, especially Livinitup. My first post here, but I've been following the thread for about a month. I'm going to attempt the autofold mirrors, and auto up/down windows myself this weekend. My truck is a 2021 Lariat 502a with the 7.2kw package, no 360 or blue cruise.

Has anyone done any research on propower onboard settings? I'd like to have my power tool battery chargers mounted in my bed and constantly charging, but every time I get in the truck and something is plugged into an outlet, the truck detects it and message pops up on the screen asking to turn on power to the outlets or not. You have to select yes or no before shifting into drive. I'd like it to just send power to the outlets (at least those outlets it detected a device) all the time and without a prompt.

Not sure if this is a safety concern, or if there are other unforeseen consequences of this... but I'm willing to take the risk. If someone can point me in the right direction on forscan I can look into it. I also do a lot of camping, so this would help with that too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Disabling Pedestrian Alert Speaker - credit to Airborne_Ape for discovery
IPC 720-09-02 x*xx xx-- - if you have 4 then change to 0, if you have 5 then change to 1 AND disconnect PACM under the glovebox according to the video below. This has been added to the Common Spreadsheet.

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I have what may be a dumb question. Do OTA updates change the same code that Forscan changes? What I mean is if I have saved the as built and then an OTA update comes down, is the as built backup obsolete and needs to be backed up again?

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I have what may be a dumb question. Do OTA updates change the same code that Forscan changes? What I mean is if I have saved the as built and then an OTA update comes down, is the as built backup obsolete and needs to be backed up again?
It's possible for that to happen but usually does not on the majority of the modules but GWM is one that comes to mind as 50/50.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Disabling Pedestrian Alert Speaker - credit to Airborne_Ape for discovery
IPC 720-09-02 x*xx xx-- - if you have 4 then change to 0, if you have 5 then change to 1 AND disconnect PACM under the glovebox according to the video below. This has been added to the Common Spreadsheet.

Did this one late at night I was so excited to learn a proper way of shutting that OFF forever!

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Thank you all for your work on Forscan, especially Livinitup. My first post here, but I've been following the thread for about a month. I'm going to attempt the autofold mirrors, and auto up/down windows myself this weekend. My truck is a 2021 Lariat 502a with the 7.2kw package, no 360 or blue cruise.

Has anyone done any research on propower onboard settings? I'd like to have my power tool battery chargers mounted in my bed and constantly charging, but every time I get in the truck and something is plugged into an outlet, the truck detects it and message pops up on the screen asking to turn on power to the outlets or not. You have to select yes or no before shifting into drive. I'd like it to just send power to the outlets (at least those outlets it detected a device) all the time and without a prompt.

Not sure if this is a safety concern, or if there are other unforeseen consequences of this... but I'm willing to take the risk. If someone can point me in the right direction on forscan I can look into it. I also do a lot of camping, so this would help with that too.
Wouldn’t it just be easier to tap into the interior cab 20 amp outlet for the chargers? It would be on each time you crank the truck. Also, wouldn’t leave your pro power port open to the elements all the time.

Sponsored

SudS2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Wouldn’t it just be easier to tap into the interior cab 20 amp outlet for the chargers? It would be on each time you crank the truck. Also, wouldn’t leave your pro power port open to the elements all the time.
Correct, but all my tools are in the bed of the truck, it would be more convenient to grab the batteries from the bed as well. I also have a tri-fold tonneau cover, so I'm not worried about the outlets being exposed. More concerned about people stealing my tools.

I've looked into mounting a battery charger in the cab, but they usually interfere with legroom and loads inside the truck. I once had a tool battery charger set up in the cab of my older truck (2015 same spec, except not hybrid) and I would routinely knock the plug out of the outlet while throwing stuff in the back seats, to the point the outlet cover broke off.

I also have the full leather interior, so generally I try to keep the it nice in the cab, dirty in the back...

But the battery chargers are just one example, there are many other uses cases for having the outlets on all the time without a prompt
  • Air compressor charges while driving
  • Off road lighting
  • Parade vehicle, etc
I understand that you wouldn't want the outlets energized all the time. But at least the outlets that the truck has identified something is plugged into it, I would prefer these outlets be energized without needing an onscreen pop-up and shifter lockout. I mean, I plugged it in there for a reason, right?

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Well, with what I am recommending, this would give you exactly what you are wanting. I’d you simply splice into the in-cab electrical, this will default to on, supplying power to anything that can plug into your 20 amp outlet.

Simply, tap into one of the two 20 amp 110 volt outlets in the cab, and that will give you most capabilities needed. If you need to run something more substantial, you can kick on the pro power for your truck’s maximum. But those outlets are 20amp circuit switched, and you will never get an alert for having something plugged in when you out it in drive.

Either way you’re going to have to tap into 3 wires somewhere. Just use stranded 12 gauge to connect the hot, neutral, and ground, and then make your dream harness for your chargers and other :)

SudS2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Well, with what I am recommending, this would give you exactly what you are wanting. I’d you simply splice into the in-cab electrical, this will default to on, supplying power to anything that can plug into your 20 amp outlet.

Simply, tap into one of the two 20 amp 110 volt outlets in the cab, and that will give you most capabilities needed. If you need to run something more substantial, you can kick on the pro power for your truck’s maximum. But those outlets are 20amp circuit switched, and you will never get an alert for having something plugged in when you out it in drive.

Either way you’re going to have to tap into 3 wires somewhere. Just use stranded 12 gauge to connect the hot, neutral, and ground, and then make your dream harness for your chargers and other :)
Part of me thought that was what you were suggesting... not sure how easy it is to open up the outlets on both ends, but the wiring seems simple enough. I'll take a look at a service manual on how to open up the outlets.

Thanks for the suggestion, this sounds less risky than the Forscan option. That being said, if there was a Forscan solution, it would be easily reversible and less work.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I am new at this, but I dont see the same values as listed in the reference table.

for example, I was attempting to disable the double honk, but my values are already at "0", but the guide states to change the value to "0"

Here is the guide:
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1644708493603

and here are my values:
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1644708530851

I have the double honk currently. What value am I supposed to change?

Last edited:

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,2009 370Z
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I am new at this, but I dont see the same values as listed in the reference table.

for example, I was desperately to disable the double honk, but my values are already at "0", but the guide states to change the value to "0"

Here is the guide:
1644708493603.png

and here are my values:
1644708530851.png

I have the double honk currently. What value am I supposed to change?
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 7.01.17 PM
Sponsored