• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Pro Production

OP
OP
anthafied

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Regardless of what happens, I'm super grateful that I was able to order a 2023 pro during wave 1 with 2022 pricing. Even if I have to wait a year, it will be worth it.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'd build more if I was able to raise price $7K.
Execpt, all models went up around that much and it's due to material part increases. They aren't making $7k more on the MY23 Pro.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed

Is that independent of your income for 23 or like the old incentive, you have to have at least that much in taxes?
in ‘23 it’s a tax credit, so you need available tax liability.

beginning in ‘24, it can instead be a deduction of the purchase contract by the dealer, regardless of the buyer’s tax liability - basically a tax rebate.

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
@anthafied @Maxx @Halbach @Driver8 and anyone else who ordered a 2023MY. FYI only if you got the tow tech package.

Neither I nor my dealer selected the onboard scales/smart hitch removal. I called the dealer and had them select it. From reading other threads and @FordVideoGuy (thanks for all the help Tim) the vehicle may not be scheduled for production if this is not selected.

Not that we are expecting it soon but anything to not delay would be good. You can look under your order online to see the onboard scales/smatch hitch removal is selected. It shows up in the configured option area.

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
@anthafied @Maxx @Halbach @Driver8 and anyone else who ordered a 2023MY. FYI only if you got the tow tech package.

Neither I nor my dealer selected the onboard scales/smart hitch removal. I called the dealer and had them select it. From reading other threads and @FordVideoGuy (thanks for all the help Tim) the vehicle may not be scheduled for production if this is not selected.

Not that we are expecting it soon but anything to not delay would be good. You can look under your order online to see the onboard scales/smatch hitch removal is selected. It shows up in the configured option area.
It probably won't be able to choose the option when you order online, so you will need to have your dealer add the option to your order in WBDO after it is accepted.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

This has been discussed many times on this forum lately.

Since the MY23 Pro (assuming that's what you are referencing) isn't scheduled to be built until Autumn 2023, and Ford themselves has stated they expect shortages to end in 2023, it's not clear yet if the omission of the Scale Removal option hurts or hinders you. I still have my scales attached to my truck and, from what I've been told, my order looks the same as others that have it removed (as far as sitting in the queue).

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
It probably won't be able to choose the option when you order online, so you will need to have your dealer add the option to your order in WBDO after it is accepted.
The option was there when ordering online, you can either select or deselect the scale removal.

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
The option was there when ordering online, you can either select or deselect the scale removal.
Oh okay, that's great, so that way you aren't relying on a dealer that isn't paying attention to the ordering updates. We had a 22 order that didn't scheduled because when he ordered it wasn't a constraint and so we had to add that option. Since we weren't thinking about it, the order didn't get scheduled in 22MY and was carried over to 23MY. It is now on the order so hopefully it gets scheduled soon.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Oh okay, that's great, so that way you aren't relying on a dealer that isn't paying attention to the ordering updates. We had a 22 order that didn't scheduled because when he ordered it wasn't a constraint and so we had to add that option. Since we weren't thinking about it, the order didn't get scheduled in 22MY and was carried over to 23MY. It is now on the order so hopefully it gets scheduled soon.
Oh wow, that would be a huge bummer!

In all fairness, for me, the scale removal wasn't automatically selected. Others can easily pass over that if they are looking to remove them.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer

I got the Pro without the tow package. I was automatically selected to "on board scales removal" without the option to put them on regardless if I wanted it or not (I did...)

Thanks for the heads-up though.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

Thanks for the note. I didn’t know about it so I ordered the package with everything included. My dealer called me and took the scale off before me signing the papers and before dealer accepting the order. I have to check my account when I get home in couple of weeks (don’t have my password and don’t wanna reset). Thanks again.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I similarly figured that if Ford was going to make me wait until autumn 2023, then I might as well get the scales. Why wait that long and have regrets?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I similarly figured that if Ford was going to make me wait until autumn 2023, then I might as well get the scales. Why wait that long and have regrets?
My thinking was that it could take up to a year and if the main factor is the scale, especially if there is any chance at all to get it in 22 (full tax credit) then I dance to any tune. If it starts getting closer to fall of 23 and I hear 24 guys are getting the scale, I can add it back in before the build.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
@Maxx, if you get it in 2022, then I think you made the right call. (Per my earlier post, I am not betting on it. But, I hope for your sake I am wrong.)

However, since you are in Maryland...

Note that the Maryland sales tax credit for EVs under $50,000 doesn't kick in until July 1, 2023.*

https://mva.maryland.gov/vehicles/Pages/27300-71T.aspx

So there may be an upside to your truck arriving in 2H 2023. (Assuming you optioned it to sticker price below $50,000 or the MVA interprets the "base purchase price" to be the price after deducting the Ford private offer discount.)**

But who knows what other havoc Treasury, Congress, or the supply chain might wreak in the interim that might further impact the Lightning?***

*Not a Maryland lawyer.
**Not a tax advisor.
***Nothing in this post should be considered tax or legal advice. This post contains the ravings of a lunatic and should be regarded as such.

Last edited:

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
My thinking was that it could take up to a year and if the main factor is the scale, especially if there is any chance at all to get it in 22 (full tax credit) then I dance to any tune. If it starts getting closer to fall of 23 and I hear 24 guys are getting the scale, I can add it back in before the build.
My thoughts exactly. But who knows what's going to happen.

If the scales were a deal breaker for me then I would have kept them and not worry about it.
Sponsored