• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Saw this mentioned elsewhere but Ford has posted "F-150 Lightning™ Reservation Closure and Order Wave Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)" here: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ng-reservation-closure-and-order-information/. Some interesting tidbits:

How many F-150 Lightnings will be produced for the 2023 MY? We are currently ramping up to a target of approximately 80,000 units for the 2023 MY.

If my preferred vehicle configuration is not available, can I hold my place in line for a later MY vehicle? No, once invited to order, you will have the availability to select any of the current models available. You can also cancel your reservation and receive a deposit refund at any time. (So no more extensions for Pro and XLT.)

When will ordering begin for future model years? We plan on inviting customers to order our next model year next summer, 2023.

If I purchase a later model year F-150 Lightning, will my price be protected? Ford will honor the price on the day an order is placed.
Note: A F-150 Lightning reservation holds a place in line to order but does not constitute an order. Future model year pricing will be provided when available.

These next two confirm there will be dealer stock orders:

Can I still get a 2022 F-150 Lightning?
Yes, dealer stock ordering will continue to be available for the remainder of the 2022 model year, so you will still be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival. The change simply is that you will be unable to place a custom retail order until the 2023 MY opens again in August 2022.

Why are you no longer accepting 2022 F-150 Lightning orders? Once orders reach a particular threshold for the model year, we no longer accept orders to ensure we have sufficient production and commodity supply to build customer orders. Dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for F-150 dealer stock inventory. If selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, you will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival

Of course we know that Ford Marketing some times has issues distinguishing between MY, Calendar Year, run-rate numbers but the 80,000 sounds good. That likely includes fleet.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for this information.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Saw this mentioned elsewhere but Ford has posted "F-150 Lightning™ Reservation Closure and Order Wave Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)" here: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ng-reservation-closure-and-order-information/. Some interesting tidbits:

How many F-150 Lightnings will be produced for the 2023 MY? We are currently ramping up to a target of approximately 80,000 units for the 2023 MY.

If my preferred vehicle configuration is not available, can I hold my place in line for a later MY vehicle? No, once invited to order, you will have the availability to select any of the current models available. You can also cancel your reservation and receive a deposit refund at any time. (So no more extensions for Pro and XLT.)

When will ordering begin for future model years? We plan on inviting customers to order our next model year next summer, 2023.

If I purchase a later model year F-150 Lightning, will my price be protected? Ford will honor the price on the day an order is placed.
Note: A F-150 Lightning reservation holds a place in line to order but does not constitute an order. Future model year pricing will be provided when available.

These next two confirm there will be dealer stock orders:

Can I still get a 2022 F-150 Lightning?
Yes, dealer stock ordering will continue to be available for the remainder of the 2022 model year, so you will still be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival. The change simply is that you will be unable to place a custom retail order until the 2023 MY opens again in August 2022.

Why are you no longer accepting 2022 F-150 Lightning orders? Once orders reach a particular threshold for the model year, we no longer accept orders to ensure we have sufficient production and commodity supply to build customer orders. Dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for F-150 dealer stock inventory. If selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, you will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival

Of course we know that Ford Marketing some times has issues distinguishing between MY, Calendar Year, run-rate numbers but the 80,000 sounds good. That likely includes fleet.
Did they mix information from the F150 ICE with the Lightning? I did not think dealers had the capability to order Lightnings fir dealer stock. If that is the case, how can Orders for dealer ”continue”?

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GMC Sierra / ‘02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
Well - the fact they are telling existing reservation holders that didn’t get a “golden ticket” for 2022 and 2023 MY is going to turn potential buyers off. I was a first day reservation person, who wanted a Pro for my small business. But you need 5+ to get a FIN. So in essence I have been prevented from getting a truck….I guess the first company…Whether it be Ford, GM, or Stellantis/Ram, whomever, gets my $ for the truck I need for my company.
The dealer priority and other shenanigans may have turned me off from FoMoCo…..but I also know the others are probably just as bad……

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Well - the fact they are telling existing reservation holders that didn’t get a “golden ticket” for 2022 and 2023 MY is going to turn potential buyers off. I was a first day reservation person, who wanted a Pro for my small business. But you need 5+ to get a FIN. So in essence I have been prevented from getting a truck….I guess the first company…Whether it be Ford, GM, or Stellantis/Ram, whomever, gets my $ for the truck I need for my company.
The dealer priority and other shenanigans may have turned me off from FoMoCo…..but I also know the others are probably just as bad……

Haha GM and Stellantis have less powers over the dealers than Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Did they mix information from the F150 ICE with the Lightning? I did not think dealers had the capability to order Lightnings fir dealer stock. If that is the case, how can Orders for dealer ”continue”?
No mixing. This is a Lightning FAQ. Sounds like if they have the parts and no customer order fits then it will go to a dealer stock order that does. There is a thread posted today from a member who confirmed his dealer was getting a stock vehicle to sell. It was for a Lariat SR. I would gladly take that one but Ford didn’t ask :).

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I think once Ford sent out the extra invites for the 22 model year and did not receive any more orders they decided to start putting out dealer stock. This is actually good news that will stop the dealer scam with Ordered Lightning’s

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
There are currently only 2 production crews in the REVC. I saw a letter from the production unit chairman, and in it he said the 3rd production crew is slated to start at the beginning of next year.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Dangling the lightning in front of the dealers for their stock is the only way they could keep them in line and keep the mark up in check for reservation holders. This would be the carrot. The stick is reducing their allocation. I heard they are trying to get the buying experience a bit more competitive with Tesla and Rivian for Ford EV customers. Very curious how that conversation is going with dealers and how many of them will opt in. And the impact of all of this on 23 purchases.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
With lack of trim availability and current pricing it doesn't matter how many production crews show up to work. I'm now looking for the Ranger/Maverick lightning Specs to show up. In the meantime I have a Mach E arriving next week that I hedged on ordering in the beginning of the year when the first Wave sold out of PRO's. The Pro would have been awesome, but I guess just not meant to be.

Sponsored

KR17601

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Operations Manager
So I'm going to ask the question. Lets say Ford produced 20k for 2022 and the projection is 80k for 2023, doesn't that leave 100k of the original 200k with their thumb up their you know what?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So I'm going to ask the question. Lets say Ford produced 20k for 2022 and the projection is 80k for 2023, doesn't that leave 100k of the original 200k with their thumb up their you know what?
2024 isn't an option?

Reactions: GDN

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The thought of waiting two years after reserving is down right disappointing.
Cybertruck and Rivian have entered the chat: "First time?"

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I have a friend looking at PHEVs and was told a 1yr+ wait for a Rav4 Prime. Two years for a Lightning seems alright in that context.

What are the projections for the final 2022 production?
Sponsored