• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

22 Lightning likely totaled

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Amazingly the battery is still functioning properly. I can look on the Fordpass app and it still tells me the battery is at 90% 265 miles of range. And it will update again each time I go into the app.
Wish you could part it out, I'd be interested in buying some stuff to upgrade mine!
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
When an EV is totaled, I wonder what all is available in a junk yard. I would imagine all but the battery.
People look for totaled Tesla MS just to get the battery pack. I imagine a totaled Lightning would also have the battery pack.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I am hoping that they total it. I don't want to drive that again after all of that damage. The adjust came and looked at it yesterday, so now I just wait until they finally get back to me. I am hoping that I can still file the claim with USAA since I have the 20% new car replacement plan. They weren't sure, and they did tell me based on what happened I wouldn't be liable for the extra payout because of the situations. It wouldn't affect my insurance rate.
You should be able to recover from USAA. They would then surrogate against the carrier. Subrogation is important so that you can recover your deductible, if any.

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
People look for totaled Tesla MS just to get the battery pack. I imagine a totaled Lightning would also have the battery pack.
Wow, I did not know this. Interesting. I was thinking the battery being the most expensive part of the EV was valuable to resell, but the most dangerous part to work with.

Thanks.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Wow- Sorry to see this and I don't know how I missed this thread for a week. I would think that is totaled for sure and I'm with you, I would want it to be.

I remember several of us in DFW were tracking our trucks together, but I forget, is yours the truck that made it do Dallas and then went back to MI and then finally back to Dallas?

Either way - enjoy ME, it gets way too cold up there for me, very pretty this time of year though.

Keep us updated and those trucks sitting on lots do have some good deals, but I think we've seen for sure these trucks aren't holding the value we had hoped. They aren't doing well if you only want it for a couple of years.
Sponsored