• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

22 Lightning likely totaled

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I don't have pictures yet, but the company that has the pictures has told me that it's pretty screwed up.

I move from Texas to Maine and the transport company that was bringing my lightning up from Texas got into an accident, it came off the carrier and hit on the back driver side wheel first and then slammed the rest of it onto the rest of the driver side from the front to the back. And from what the lady told me it looks like it's slid across the concrete also.

I'll upload the pictures when they finally send them to me. I don't know what to do now because I want to get another Lightning, but I was also trying to wait until the 2025 redesign happened. I may just find a cheap car to use until that happens. I about cried when I got the news.
Sponsored

DrOctane

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger, MME GTPE
Occupation
Technical Instructor
I don't have pictures yet, but the company that has the pictures has told me that it's pretty screwed up.

I move from Texas to Maine and the transport company that was bringing my lightning up from Texas got into an accident, it came off the carrier and hit on the back driver side wheel first and then slammed the rest of it onto the rest of the driver side from the front to the back. And from what the lady told me it looks like it's slid across the concrete also.

I'll upload the pictures when they finally send them to me. I don't know what to do now because I want to get another Lightning, but I was also trying to wait until the 2025 redesign happened. I may just find a cheap car to use until that happens. I about cried when I got the news.
😬

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ohhhh Man what a tragedy, especially after the waiting and agnst of your trucks delivery last year, sorry for you!

There are great deals for existing dealer inventory right, now, I'd go looking for a new replacement instead of waiting for a 2025.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Get on LeaseHackr and see if there are any great deals on Lightning leases. After my wife's '23 Ioniq 5 was totaled I was shocked to see how the value had plummeted. Six months prior I could have sold it for what we paid for it or more.

The COVID EV craze is over. I think all of our EV's will be leased going forward.

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
There are great deals for existing dealer inventory right, now, I'd go looking for a new replacement instead of waiting for a 2025.
Yes — this is the right answer. Find a 2023 Lightning in dealer inventory with a pre-delivery MSRP under $80k, and get $7500 factory cash (plus whatever additional price concessions you can get from the dealer) off the sticker price, and another $7500 off your taxes.

I expect that the F-150 Lightning redesign will be for the 2026 model year, so you’re probably looking at a minimum of two years before you can actually get behind the wheel of one. That’s a long time to be driving a cheap whatever car.

Sponsored

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat

The 2025 redesign might slide into early 2026, so that is a long time to wait.

I would check dealers in the Northeast, maybe the insurance company can find you a 2023 you like, and you are back on the road!

PS I have always wondered if you have "replacement value" auto insurance if you can push the insurance company to replace your truck with an equal or better truck....and if they actually come thru.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If you’re set on a new T3, either buy a used or the lowest-optioned new one you can find for now.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
After driving this truck, I don't think I could go back to a cheap ICE car for 2 years. If you can get by without a pickup for everyday use, I would try to hold off till the new year and buy a used EV for under 25K to get the used credit.

If I where in your shoes, I'd try to get a 2023. If you have bed scales, I'd point out to insurance that you can't get they replaced on the 2023, might give you a bump in replacement value.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

You'll stick out like a sore thumb if you try to live in Maine and NOT drive a pickup.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
The 2025 redesign might slide into early 2026, so that is a long time to wait.

I would check dealers in the Northeast, maybe the insurance company can find you a 2023 you like, and you are back on the road!

PS I have always wondered if you have "replacement value" auto insurance if you can push the insurance company to replace your truck with an equal or better truck....and if they actually come thru.
I called USAA and asked about this since I have new car replacement and they told me wait until it's total and I get the offer price from the insurance company. Then they will open a claim and go after them for whatever they should still owe. But they never answered the exact question. I asked them.

OP
OP

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
After driving this truck, I don't think I could go back to a cheap ICE car for 2 years. If you can get by without a pickup for everyday use, I would try to hold off till the new year and buy a used EV for under 25K to get the used credit.

If I where in your shoes, I'd try to get a 2023. If you have bed scales, I'd point out to insurance that you can't get they replaced on the 2023, might give you a bump in replacement value.
I totally forgot that this isn't an option any longer. Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely bring this up. I'm hoping they give me a verdict this week.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
$7500 + $7500 now. I believe you got $7500 last year already, so I would say, just get a new one.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I called USAA and asked about this since I have new car replacement and they told me wait until it's total and I get the offer price from the insurance company. Then they will open a claim and go after them for whatever they should still owe. But they never answered the exact question. I asked them.
have new car replacement

It is my understanding you can tell them to get you the new car.
They won't want to do that with Lightnings being so rare. They will want to cut you a check.
You can keep saying No, I want you to replace it.
They will then typically up their cash offer to you. They don't want the hassle of chasing down a new replacement Lightning for you. Good luck!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I totally forgot that this isn't an option any longer. Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely bring this up. I'm hoping they give me a verdict this week.
USAA will treat you right. I totaled a new Ford Fusion Hybrid after hitting a deer on its maiden voyage and was more than satisfied with the claims process and the settlement.
Sponsored