• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

22 Lightning likely totaled

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I don't have pictures yet, but the company that has the pictures has told me that it's pretty screwed up.

I move from Texas to Maine and the transport company that was bringing my lightning up from Texas got into an accident, it came off the carrier and hit on the back driver side wheel first and then slammed the rest of it onto the rest of the driver side from the front to the back. And from what the lady told me it looks like it's slid across the concrete also.

I'll upload the pictures when they finally send them to me. I don't know what to do now because I want to get another Lightning, but I was also trying to wait until the 2025 redesign happened. I may just find a cheap car to use until that happens. I about cried when I got the news.
I'm in Mass and we have a place in Maine and when I get my Lighting our 2010 Prius will need a new home if you're interested :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I'm in Mass and we have a place in Maine and when I get my Lighting our 2010 Prius will need a new home if you're interested :)
I am looking for a car for my daughter who starts driving next year. That could maybe be an option. How many miles are on it?

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I am looking for a car for my daughter who starts driving next year. That could maybe be an option. How many miles are on it?
Around 192K so "a lot". The dealership offered me $600 for it so I may be a good "first car" and we've always maintained it (brakes, oil etc). I also have 4 mounted snow tires I can include if interested. We get up to Lovell ME and I need to get to Portland next week or so and if you're close by and interested, let me know.

OP
OP

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Around 192K so "a lot". The dealership offered me $600 for it so I may be a good "first car" and we've always maintained it (brakes, oil etc). I also have 4 mounted snow tires I can include if interested. We get up to Lovell ME and I need to get to Portland next week or so and if you're close by and interested, let me know.
I am in Machias, ME. How many MPG is getting now after all of those miles? I will talk with my wife and I will let you know. How much are you asking for it?

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I am in Machias, ME. How many MPG is getting now after all of those miles? I will talk with my wife and I will let you know. How much are you asking for it?
Frankly not 100% sure but I can start to keep track of it and $600 is fine. Machias is a bit of hike but we could meet in Newport, ME if need be. I can also send along some pics. Is it cool to exchange personal info (email address or phone number) on the site?

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'd imagine they are going to total that. There's certainly suspension damage and possibly motor or frame damage.
Additionally, I don't think any insurance company will even attempt to repair that top corner of the cab if there's any damage to the structure of the cab at all.

Glad glad you weren't inside when it was sliding down the road.

Hopefully they offer a fair price and you can get another and get on the road again. Like has been said, there's deals to be had on new lariat trucks.

OP
OP

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I'd imagine they are going to total that. There's certainly suspension damage and possibly motor or frame damage.
Additionally, I don't think any insurance company will even attempt to repair that top corner of the cab if there's any damage to the structure of the cab at all.

Hopefully they offer a fair price and you can get another and get on the road again. Like has been said, there's deals to be had on new lariat trucks.
I am hoping that they total it. I don't want to drive that again after all of that damage. The adjust came and looked at it yesterday, so now I just wait until they finally get back to me. I am hoping that I can still file the claim with USAA since I have the 20% new car replacement plan. They weren't sure, and they did tell me based on what happened I wouldn't be liable for the extra payout because of the situations. It wouldn't affect my insurance rate.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
The left rear passenger window is still intact! It's fine!

Ya, really though, that cab damage alone is enough to scrap any vehicle.

Good news is that at least some parts might make it out into the wild and the batteries should be mint still.

Love the blue accents and lightning bolt, sorry for your loss.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Frankly not 100% sure but I can start to keep track of it and $600 is fine. Machias is a bit of hike but we could meet in Newport, ME if need be. I can also send along some pics. Is it cool to exchange personal info (email address or phone number) on the site?
There's a 62kW ChargePoint setup at the Irving in Newport if you're bringing it up with the Lightning.

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
There's a 62kW ChargePoint setup at the Irving in Newport if you're bringing it up with the Lightning.
Sweet! Good to see that charging is becoming more available, will be interesting to see how bringing the Telsa network online will effect things.

OP
OP

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
The left rear passenger window is still intact! It's fine!

Ya, really though, that cab damage alone is enough to scrap any vehicle.

Good news is that at least some parts might make it out into the wild and the batteries should be mint still.

Love the blue accents and lightning bolt, sorry for your loss.
Amazingly the battery is still functioning properly. I can look on the Fordpass app and it still tells me the battery is at 90% 265 miles of range. And it will update again each time I go into the app.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Go to Gardiner - CP there is 150kw and I got all of it!

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Go to Gardiner - CP there is 150kw and I got all of it!
Oh yeah theres that one too! I was at the Kennebunk rest area and the faster DC chargers were broken...apparently for months so we dealt with the 50kW units for a few before saying the heck with it and going to Portland. I think the Gardiner location was down at the time?

Either way, I can't make it up there again until next August so hopefully the Tesla stuff makes things even easier rather than dealing with broken EVgo chargers in Sturbridge or the broken chargers at Auburn Mall :LOL:

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Oh yeah theres that one too! I was at the Kennebunk rest area and the faster DC chargers were broken...apparently for months so we dealt with the 50kW units for a few before saying the heck with it and going to Portland. I think the Gardiner location was down at the time?

Either way, I can't make it up there again until next August so hopefully the Tesla stuff makes things even easier rather than dealing with broken EVgo chargers in Sturbridge or the broken chargers at Auburn Mall :LOL:
Auburn Mall is awful!
Sponsored