• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, Energica Eva Ribelle
Willing to be that the grid tie didn't make your power go out once in the last year. Online web site for that information.
Bet your power company is one of the cheapest in the country.
Houston Power and Light used to drill wells for natural gas. Then they'd cap them for future use. Now is the future that was.

I've gone online to check addresses for the powerwalls and keep being told not available in your area. You'd think outside of Austin would qualify.
My power bill is on par with what I've paid in other states. And I don't have the energy (no pun intended) to research each time my power went out and figure out why it occurred. But what I can tell you is that I've lived in five cities in four different states on both coasts, and I have experienced more power outages here in Texas in four years than I have in the rest of the places I've lived combined in 30+ years. Texas is also the only place I've lived that's not tied into a regional power grid. Make of that what you will...
Sponsored

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
But what I can tell you is that I've lived in five cities in four different states on both coasts, and I have experienced more power outages here in Texas in four years than I have in the rest of the places I've lived combined in 30+ years. Texas is also the only place I've lived that's not tied into a regional power grid. Make of that what you will...
I live in the part of Texas outside of Ercot and the past 3 years, before I went solar/battery, I had experienced numerous outages. Even being a part of a regional grid we had rolling blackouts in the 2021 winter. We’re lucky we only experienced rolling blackouts. Just this year the past few times the power was off for my neighbors, I never knew until they asked about our power. They then followed up with asking about solar/battery. Worth it to me and happy to have it. Had to go with Enphase IQ batteries because powerwalls weren’t available.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Put the blame were it belongs is all.
I'm in a coop area and in ercot. That doesn't help me when lightning causes a circuit breaker (not actual name) to trip. Doesn't help me when someone runs into a power pole. Not even much help when a buzzard gets fried.
City of Austin power goes out 20 time a year at my workplace.
My mother in MI has power go out for days. My sister in Round Rock is on a hospital circuit and has never lost power.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I just went simple if power goes out I plug in the truck. Low cost setup.
Ford F-150 Lightning $4000 plus installation for Backup Power Home Integration System! 1665856187741

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Senior Wireless QA Engineer

Sponsored

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
If sunrun is not in your area, call QMerit and get a qualified EV electrician to quote you the install of the system.
Ha! What a fiasco. I purchased the HIS and L2 charger back in February. Still working on it, still electrician trying to make contact with Sunrun, still parts on garage floor. @Ford Motor Company, this is shoddy. Why not partner with a vendor that at least can service CONUS?
Qmerit would only quote me to install the L2. I went thru many declines after they said NO to HIS.

Last edited:

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Senior Wireless QA Engineer
If you need advice, I would love to help.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Add into the equation that the F-150L only works for backup power:

1) When it's parked and plugged in. So don't use it during an outage.
2) When it has sufficient charge to do so. So if you use it during the day and have no charge left, waiting to charge overnight, and then you get a massive afternoon thunderstorm and lose power...

This is why many will a) put in a whole house generator and b) provide the ability to power the house IF the generator fails with manual intervention (i.e. plugging the truck in).
The Home Integration System only makes since for those who only have electric power at your home. If you have natural gas or propane, a stand alone generator for similar cost is a much better solution.
Sponsored