• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Active Air Dam System Fault

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
For those thinking this issue is weather related, I’ll join the SoCal member but here from Texas and say that it’s not cold weather related for me either - I suspect for many, maybe even those in the cold

Been getting this fault off and on for a mo th or so, including today when it’s 60°

I’m due for my 2,500mi maintenance, but sounds from earlier posts they won’t be able to do much
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
For those thinking this issue is weather related, I’ll join the SoCal member but here from Texas and say that it’s not cold weather related for me either - I suspect for many, maybe even those in the cold

Been getting this fault off and on for a mo th or so, including today when it’s 60°

I’m due for my 2,500mi maintenance, but sounds from earlier posts they won’t be able to do much
I think the issue is exasperated by cold weather, as more users seem to be getting the error now that it is cold.

4wheelforay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I'm going to throw a guess into the ring and hopefully not tell on myself too much. Watching the video and the hang up I think it might be .... speed related... or, for those that drive at a reasonable speed, maybe the total headwind.

I have 8k miles on my Pro. I get it on an infrequent basis.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Had it pop up this morning. 40-degree dry Texas weather. Fault came up and turned off. First time.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Got it this morning here in So Cal at 18,000 miles 49 degrees…. Yay!

Ford F-150 Lightning Active Air Dam System Fault 94509265-B73A-4918-A588-F4526198FA50

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Spoke with my service center on this. While talking, sounded like he pulled up an internal service document/program of some sort, and reported that there can be six different reasons for this particular fault, ranging (based on my poor memory) from actuator voltage faults to mechanical breaks of various pieces. He said (take for what you will) that there’s not a software issue amongst those six reasons.

While I don’t remember details of all 6 reasons, point being there are apparently ranges of issues - I can only presume some may be related to weather while others not, etc. And, that while some folks appear to be waiting for an OTA update to resolve their specific problem, it’s at least possible that the problem is not software-based - or if so, it would make for a 7th reason that Ford service is not hunting for?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Spoke with my service center on this. While talking, sounded like he pulled up an internal service document/program of some sort, and reported that there can be six different reasons for this particular fault, ranging (based on my poor memory) from actuator voltage faults to mechanical breaks of various pieces. He said (take for what you will) that there’s not a software issue amongst those six reasons.

While I don’t remember details of all 6 reasons, point being there are apparently ranges of issues - I can only presume some may be related to weather while others not, etc. And, that while some folks appear to be waiting for an OTA update to resolve their specific problem, it’s at least possible that the problem is not software-based - or if so, it would make for a 7th reason that Ford service is not hunting for?
I’m assuming since there is no issues with safety this will never be a recall but a TSB at some point. The ICE F-150 have this same issue but still no TSB.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
This look REALLY low to the ground. This looks like it would clip the ground on certain off-road trips.
certain off-road trips in excess of, what, 45mph? What is the mph trigger for deployment?

curious if putting the truck into off-road/4wd modes negate deployment - which modes you’d presumably have on if doing [45mph]”off-road”?

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Had this fault flash the other day. Only lasted a few seconds before the alarm went away. I tried to retrigger it getting up to 40mph, but nothing.

Sponsored

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
Had this happened. The light stayed on until I pressed ok on the steering wheel.

After I got home I used Car Scanner to read the code.

This should be the code associated with it:

C0630(00)
Raw code: 463000
ECU: Engine control unit
Status: Test failed, Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle

I inspected the air dam for any signs of damage. Since I did not find anything wrong, I cleared the code.

After 5 highway drives, no issues so far.

Nevertheless the code is back so I am not sure if the aid dam is actually working or not. Now way to install a camera there. ( it is in archive inactive status)

Last edited:

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I just took mine in to the dealership today since my problem started end of November and became more frequent this month. The service department pulled a bulletin that stated "Engineering is developing a software update to remove message. Update should arrive by March, 2023."

They said they inspected my air dam and found nothing wrong with it. They also said its a common message that pops up and not to be concerned about it. So for anyone getting the message, unless you know yours is damaged, don't waste your time until after March and see if an update will fix the error message.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Mine gave the message day after day, and now the dam is sagging loose on one side
That sucks. Keep us posted on what they diagnose the problem as being. That's what's horrible about crap like this. The message that cried wolf. Most of us will get it and nothing will be wrong, then you'll have the a few that actually have a problem but don't pay attention because everyone else said its a false alarm. Air dam isn't unique to our Lightnings, so they should have learned and resolved problems from prior complaints.