• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Advice- Delivery Take it or not

b+ve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CLK63 AMG, MACH E
My 2023MY Lightning sitting in dealer parking lot. With ford news yesterday stop production, you think any recall will happen soon to other recent production?
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Maybe, anything could happen, many folks here have thousands of miles without issue, I, myself, have had no oddities with my MY23 in the first 1000 miles. There are also those who batteries have failed. It's ultimately your choice but I don't regret taking delivery at all last month and if something goes bad, it goes bad.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I wouldn't be concerned as I'm confident that Ford will make it right if there is a battery issue with your new truck. I have 3000 miles on my truck that I picked up right around Christmas and have had zero real issues(other than OTA connectivity).

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I wouldn't let yesterday's news change a delivery. They will have a fix for all affected or will be buying them back. It has a lot of attention now that it is public.

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
We have about 3000 miles on our 23 delivered in late december. I wouldn't think at all about the "stop production" notice. If you want the Lightning, get it. If you're borderline anyway, well, thats up to you

Its a great truck for many purposes, not perfect, but for what it is, its fantastic.

As long as you are either prepared to deal with the horrors of public charging, or don't anticipate really needing it, then I'd say go for it.

Also, we have both a Mach E and a Lightning, and I have to say, both Ford (the company) and the dealer have been fantastic in supporting both the cars.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
With ford news yesterday stop production, you think any recall will happen soon to other recent production?
If I wanted the truck, this would not be a reason for me to refuse delivery.

OP
OP

b+ve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CLK63 AMG, MACH E
We have about 3000 miles on our 23 delivered in late december. I wouldn't think at all about the "stop production" notice. If you want the Lightning, get it. If you're borderline anyway, well, thats up to you

Its a great truck for many purposes, not perfect, but for what it is, its fantastic.

As long as you are either prepared to deal with the horrors of public charging, or don't anticipate really needing it, then I'd say go for it.

Also, we have both a Mach E and a Lightning, and I have to say, both Ford (the company) and the dealer have been fantastic in supporting both the cars.
I have Mach E 1st Edition too, I am not looking for public charge, I have dual connections to charge 2 vehicles @ same time. Appreciate your feed back will take delivery the lightning

GFreud

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F 150 Lightning
I have had MY23 since November. Have nearly 5000 miles on it. I don't think I have had a vehicle that is this much fun. A first edition will always have some hiccups but they have been few and resolved easily. No one should be afraid to purchase this truck. Charging at home is a must. I am saving $150 a month on fuel costs. I pay about 7 cents as kw.

ONURPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Ford F-150 Lightning Advice- Delivery Take it or not 4BBA194C-CCA5-4299-BC8E-D4FE46A71A16

I picked mine up from the dealer on 2/18 and have zero regrets. It is An amazing vehicle!

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
If it’s an XLT, get it.
…You’ll have room on a resale.
Also a $7500 tax credit!