• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Oh my bad, that's what I thought this was talking about. That pedestrian sound doesn't bother me, so I don't really care. I also had it on my F-150 power boost that I bought last year and it didn't bother get to me then either. The most I ever have to hear it is for like 3 seconds.
Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
One guy on the Mach-E forum described the propulsion sound as ā€œsounds like somebody stole my catalytic converter!ā€ It was turned on when I took delivery and I shut it off as soon as I got home. Havenā€™t given it another thought.

Iā€˜m sure some people will like it. No problemā€¦..

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
One guy on the Mach-E forum described the propulsion sound as ā€œsounds like somebody stole my catalytic converter!ā€ It was turned on when I took delivery and I shut it off as soon as I got home. Havenā€™t given it another thought.

Iā€˜m sure some people will like it. No problemā€¦..
I don't think they would know what it sounds like to have a catalytic converter cut out. The noise would be deafening.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I don't think they would know what it sounds like to have a catalytic converter cut out. The noise would be deafening.
Iā€™m pretty sure it was a jokeā€¦..but if you live in meth-head land, chances are you know what a car with a cut off cat sounds like. About 50/50 it was your own car. šŸ˜€

Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
Iā€™m pretty sure it was a jokeā€¦..but if you live in meth-head land, chances are you know what a car with a cut off cat sounds like. About 50/50 it was your own car. šŸ˜€
Thankfully I've never had my cat cut out. But I've probably heard at least one car that's had it cut out.

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Confirmed no propulsion sound!!! HYPE! (watched redline's review)

This was my only concern, and it's now solved.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Confirmed no propulsion sound!!! HYPE! (watched redline's review)

This was my only concern, and it's now solved.
I watched a bunch of reviews today, one of them had the propulsion sound heard in the recent FORD demonstrations video shot on 4/26, I wonder if some of these development models did not have it, or it was turned down/off

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I think it is only available on the Platinum trim. Iā€™m pretty sure that in various Lariat shots of the same infotainment settings screen that the propulsion sound is not there. It may have been Kyle Connor who noted it wasnā€™t available and said, ā€™goodā€™.

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I watched a bunch of reviews today, one of them had the propulsion sound heard in the recent FORD demonstrations video shot on 4/26, I wonder if some of these development models did not have it, or it was turned down/off

There is a menu setting to turn it on or off.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I think it is only available on the Platinum trim. Iā€™m pretty sure that in various Lariat shots of the same infotainment settings screen that the propulsion sound is not there. It may have been Kyle Connor who noted it wasnā€™t available and said, ā€™goodā€™.
I am unable to find the propulsion sounds toggle on my Lariat ER. I believe we can confirm the lack of the sound at least for the Lariat. Hey @FordTough98198 , You have a propulsion sounds toggle anywhere in your menus on your platinum?

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
I am unable to find the propulsion sounds toggle on my Lariat ER. I believe we can confirm the lack of the sound at least for the Lariat. Hey @FordTough98198 , You have a propulsion sounds toggle anywhere in your menus on your platinum?
Yes. Click the truck icon upper left. Then you have two sides I think ā€œcontrolsā€ and ā€œsettings.ā€ Make sure youā€™re on the left side one ā€œcontrols.ā€ Then click the Drive Modes. Itā€™s near the bottom right above locking diff.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Yes. Click the truck icon upper left. Then click the Drive Modes. Itā€™s near the bottom right above locking diff.
Not in my Lariat... SO it looks like that goes along with the messaging seats and the bigger rims ;)
Sponsored