• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone REFUSE delivery or decide to let the dealer keep it?

chirocam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner --> Ford 150 Lightning Lariat, Agate Black
Occupation
Chiropractic Physician
Interested to see if anyone was underwhelmed by delivery, decided the price tag wasn’t worth it, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP

chirocam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner --> Ford 150 Lightning Lariat, Agate Black
Occupation
Chiropractic Physician
seems kinda crazy considering you could sell it for a quick $10k profit
Agreed, just curious if anyone has actually done it.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
a handful on this forum have if you follow the build weeks. Not sure why'd they hang around the forums if they decided not to buy the truck :)

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Interested to see if anyone was underwhelmed by delivery, decided the price tag wasn’t worth it, etc.
I have to admit, I was pretty tempted to say I decided to pass on my Pro and let the dealer have it because it wasn’t worth it.

It might’ve broken the forums..

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I have to admit, I was pretty tempted to say I decided to pass on my Pro and let the dealer have it because it wasn’t worth it.

It might’ve broken the forums..
Why??? Claim the $7500 tax credit and sell it for $60k, why skip this opportunity?

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I think you'll see more people walk away from their reservations, but not nearly enough to swing supply and demand in the direction of seeing plentiful Lightnings on lots until at least 2024.

White collar workers are going to be in for a bloodbath of headcount reduction, rates are going up, and there a thousand other unique situations people will face that will impact their decision. Consumer sentiment when reservations were placed was exponentially better than now, so yes people will walk away.

One relevant note, I put in a Fisker Ocean reservation around the same time as Lightning, best estimates put me in the 15k-20k reservation slot. Fisker just sent me an email today asking if I want to be one of the first 5,000 reservations, meaning they couldn't get 5,000 commitments from the 15k+ people in front of me. It takes a $5k non-refundable commitment to accept one of the first SUVs, people just aren't in a spend happy mode at the moment and ready to lay down that kind of cash.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I think you'll see more people walk away from their reservations, but not nearly enough to swing supply and demand in the direction of seeing plentiful Lightnings on lots until at least 2024.

White collar workers are going to be in for a bloodbath of headcount reduction, rates are going up, and there a thousand other unique situations people will face that will impact their decision. Consumer sentiment when reservations were placed was exponentially better than now, so yes people will walk away.

One relevant note, I put in a Fisker Ocean reservation around the same time as Lightning, best estimates put me in the 15k-20k reservation slot. Fisker just sent me an email today asking if I want to be one of the first 5,000 reservations, meaning they couldn't get 5,000 commitments from the 15k+ people in front of me. It takes a $5k non-refundable commitment to accept one of the first SUVs, people just aren't in a spend happy mode at the moment and ready to lay down that kind of cash.
I worry the same. At over 1K per month for the truck, its hard to stomach. However after you factor in the gas cost, and etc - its maybe around that for what I am paying for my 2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost anyway.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer

I received one of those emails too...and I placed a reservation probably 9 months or more after they first opened. So if they've already gotten down to me that's not looking good for the Ocean. This is for the first "limited edition" version which I'm not interested in, but someone's got to buy those or they will never produce the $27k "sport" version I was hoping to get.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I worry the same. At over 1K per month for the truck, its hard to stomach. However after you factor in the gas cost, and etc - its maybe around that for what I am paying for my 2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost anyway.
Same here, plus I always hate the Gas Price Yo-Yo

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I received one of those emails too...and I placed a reservation probably 9 months or more after they first opened. So if they've already gotten down to me that's not looking good for the Ocean.
I am happy that they're not finding many people dumb enough to put down a $5k non-refundable deposit on a vehicle that will most likely never be produced. I've regained some faith in humanity.

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
[/QUOTE]

I would be very cautious with the fisker order. I reserved Jan 2020 for the ocean. My reservation date puts me in the the first 3500. The first few invites went out July 1 or 2. They get 7 days to order. The second bunch which includes my low 3k reservation, went out today. They don't even know how many of the first are going to ordered let alone the next 5k reservations and they sent you one already. $5k non refundable reservation without a single drive or review from a 3rd party. If you are not the first 5k reservation holder, your $5k non refundable deposit gets applied to whatever trim you pick other than the launch edition even though you thought you were ordering one. My email says even if I order the launch edition, they expect delivery to finish September 2023 for the launch edition. The more I follow this company the more I question it. If the Ocean was that great of a vehicle, why does it require a 5k non refundable deposit. They don't seem to confident in converting deliveries. Just beware. Who knows, they could be great. I can't find anywhere that says if they never produce one Ocean, you get your deposit back. If they meet their timeline, there may be a lot of competition from all the established car companies. I want to believe but I have more info on their gift shop, which I get lots of emails about, than about the actual vehicle they are requiring a nonrefundable deposit. Just saying. We think the lightning lack of communication was bad, wait for the ocean lack of communication.
End rant.
Feel free to ignore.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone REFUSE delivery or decide to let the dealer keep it? Screenshot_20220705-113446_Email

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
It takes a $5k non-refundable commitment to accept one of the first SUVs, people just aren't in a spend happy mode at the moment and ready to lay down that kind of cash.
Even in the best of times I wouldn't want to hand over $5k to Henrik Fisker after the Karma without a guaranty of my money back. He has some history to overcome.
Sponsored