• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lariat Lightning, 18 F250 Lariat Diesel
Occupation
hard worker
Unclear on these items for 2024 Lariat
1. heat pump?
2. onboard scales?
3. moon roof?
4. NACS charging port

can someone confirm?

Its starting to sound like I keep my 23 order in place instead of canceling and placing 24 order.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
1. heat pump?
2. onboard scales?
5. moon roof?

can someone confirm?

Its starting to sound like I keep my 23 order in place instead of canceling and placing 24 order.
Your numbering scheme is interesting. What happened to 3 and 4? Anyhoo, everything you ask is in the document in post 22. The answer is Yes for the three you mentioned. Heat pump confirmed in the Ford PR.

Remember "The following equipment is standard as indicated. Each series includes the standard equipment of the previous series, except where additions/exceptions are noted"
So you want to check out what's standard on the XLT as well (onboard scales, smart hitch)

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
hard worker
Your numbering scheme is interesting. What happened to 3 and 4? Anyhoo, everything you ask is in the document in post 22. The answer is Yes for the three you mentioned. Heat pump confirmed in the Ford PR.

Remember "The following equipment is standard as indicated. Each series includes the standard equipment of the previous series, except where additions/exceptions are noted"
So you want to check out what's standard on the XLT as well (onboard scales, smart hitch)
Yea, I fixed the numbers. I don't see the moon roof nor NACS mentioned on post 22. Sorry I missed the scales listed. Elsewhere i see Heat pump on ALL models.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yea, I fixed the numbers. I don't see the moon roof nor NACS mentioned on post 22. Sorry I missed the scales listed. Elsewhere i see Heat pump on ALL models.
You didn't mention NACS originally but we know it's not included. Moonroof clearly shown on Lariat Standard Equipment.
Ford F-150 Lightning ALL the CHANGES to the 2024 Ford F-150 LIGHTNING 1696608934066

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
hard worker
excellent, thanks!

OP
OP

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
1. heat pump?
2. onboard scales?
3. moon roof?
4. NACS charging port

can someone confirm?

1. Standard on all trims (confirmed by Brand Team, missing from order guide and will be added on next update).
2. onboard scales are part of the Tow Technology Package, standard on XLT and above, optional on Pro.
3. Moonroof standard on Lariat and Platinum, not available on any other trim.
4. NACS charging port will not be on the 2024 model. I heard that will be 2025. Need to buy an adaptor when available, probably January.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So anyone who wants to save a penny and go SR battery is out of luck to get any nice amenities? WTF? Lariat doesn't get 9.6 ProPower standard? Overall the changes make no sense. I love my Lightning but even knowing how good it is, I don't think I would have bought it if these '24 options where in place. My $22k Subaru Legacy had adaptive cruise. ZERO reason for that to not be standard on XLT and up.

A big draw was bidirectional capability, which is now getting rolled out from other automakers. Kia has partnered with Wallbox for instance. If I didn't have a Lightning already, these changes would not make me want a '24. I'd wait.
I mean the 2nd gen Lightning is around the corner, it might be Fords way of saying dont buy this :ROFLMAO:

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Besides the elimination of rear underseat storage from all trims, the downgrade to single onbosrd charger for all non-fleet trucks is so disappointing. The level 2 max charging rate is downgraded from an industry leading 19.2kW to just 11.5kW. Yes, most EVs max out 48A or 11.5kW, but most EVs also have much smaller battery packs.

Sponsored

southpaw696

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Am I reading this correctly that cloth seats are losing heat (XLT / Flash?) Looks like the price sheet doesn’t mention heated seats but does mention heated steering wheel.

southpaw696

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Am I reading this correctly that cloth seats are losing heat (XLT / Flash?) Looks like the price sheet doesn’t mention heated seats but does mention heated steering wheel.
I see it’s in the XLT seat but maybe not on the Flash. Seems like a big miss to get rid of heated seats when that helps reduce the need for climate heat even with the heat pump.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Reading incorrectly. The Pro has heated seats standard per Order Guide. That flows through to higher trims like XLT/Flash. When you get to the Lariat and above it changes to heated/ventilated.

Each series includes the standard equipment of the previous series, except where additions/exceptions are noted.

southpaw696

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Reading incorrectly. The Pro has heated seats standard per Order Guide. That flows through to higher trims like XLT/Flash. When you get to the Lariat and above it changes to heated/ventilated.

Each series includes the standard equipment of the previous series, except where additions/exceptions are noted.
Thanks, good to know. It’s cool the the flash gets memory. Will probably give up my XLT ER and get a flash next year. Taking the Tax credit at point of sale in 2024 was the order big factor in that.

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Thanks, good to know. It’s cool the the flash gets memory.
Memory? Flash does not have seat/mirror memory if that's what you mean. Only Lariat and above.
Sponsored