• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Am I happy I ordered a 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning?

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Today, there have been many posts, blogs, videos and detailed reviews released about the all electric F-150 Lighting. Generally, they are overwhelmingly positive and a lot more technologically informative than anything I could write – besides, nobody needs me to regurgitate what has already been said over-and-over.

Although you don’t need another review, I thought you might want to know if I have buyer regrets…

I have test driven other EVs’ but decided I wanted something well built, practical, full-sized and backed by an established network of dealerships/service centers (sounds like a commercial but it’s an honest assessment of what was important to me). The Ford Lightning appeared to meet these requirements. I test drove this vehicle in San Antonio on a hot, humid day. The A/C worked very well. The test drive (where I drove) was short and slow through a safety cone field. The vehicle as comfortable, ergonomic and was aesthetically F-150like. (IMO, that’s a good thing!) The power, braking and steering were all immediately responsive but, as far as a test drive, the short ride wasn’t adequate – I’ll trust the pros who had the opportunity to drive in real world situations and not a parking lot for their feedback. The “drive along” portion of the event included the rapid acceleration demonstration – which was definitely invigorating and a great representation of the truck’s power/torque and resulted in smiles from every person I saw that joined the ride-along.

I like having new technology that is fun and practical. I read that 74% of power generated in Idaho (my home) is renewable, and it is cheap (roughly $0.12/kwh). I can’t in good conscience tell you I am overly concerned about emissions, but it certainly is a plus on the evaluation chart😊. As for range anxiety, I intend to keep my 2022 Lincoln Aviator I.C.E vehicle (I love that car!) so range resulting from a full home charge is going to work well for my everyday commuting. I like the idea of reverse power for the home, the flexibility of the frunk, Bluecruise automation and the promised ongoing OTA updates. I can see how this truck could be a workhorse and a fun-hub (Think frunkgating). Am I sorry I purchased the F150 Lightning? Heck no, meeting the Lightning in person didn’t cause buyer’s remorse it just made me more excited for the new arrival. Ford did it right - now start the deliveries!
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Well written!

Had me going for a bit...

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Mike(IdahoSpud) and I talked while in San Antonio, several of the few real 'owners' that were invited. He's getting a Platinum, while I'm getting a Pro, matter of fact, my exact Iced Blue Silver PRO was on it's best behavior while there - in the 'let's do some farming' display, where the truck was outfitted with a huge liquid container in the bed, with a pump powered by the LIGHTNING, and a hose and sprayer attached - as though it could be used to spray out in the fields, or where needed - maybe even to fill horse troughs.

Mike has had a VERY early build, although he is one of the unfortunate ones to get held back. We don't know why it hasn't shipped yet. No one can tell you.
I've had the unfortunate story of while having a 5/30 initial build week, it's been pushed back to 6/6, then 6/13, then 6/20, and now, we hope it will stay on 7/4...a HOLIDAY week : /

There is no 'perfect' vehicle, and while Tesla's and others have their own special times with different model releases, THIS truck, this UTILITY vehicle, this SUV, this Amazing LARGE EV vehicle, is special. It is why we all get up on the morning, EARLY, and check the Ford website. We do it again in 30 minutes, as though something might have changed. After 20 times each day, we finally call it a 'day', and head to bed, but with one LAST check, AGAIN, just in case.
Sponsored