• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
There is no reason you shouldn't be the first one off the line at the green light.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Thanks for sharing! Tomorrow I have a whole video on a standard battery Pro trim. Really loved the truck and want to find a pretty standard truck to use on the upcoming Out of Spec Ranch! Seriously great machine.

Kyle
Kyle..Great job on the video. I'll be interested to see what the 70mph range test looks like as well as your charging test.

It seems as if Ford made improvements to the charging curve with lessons learned from the Mach E.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
MO the XLT is about $8-10k more expensive than it needs to be.

XLT standard is priced "just right" for what you get.

Without the unobtainable Pro being teased and flaunted at $40K, a $52k XLT would be a good deal. Build a comparable ICE XLT and it costs more (~$10K more if you include tax credit). If it's not your long distant road tripping vehicle, it's a good deal with 230 miles range.

It is certainly not a good deal to go XLT Extended. Just get the lariat if you are comfortable spending that.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
In Buffalo, NY winter I change my Tesla from standard to chill driving mode. This brings the 0-60 down from 3.1 seconds to around 7 seconds, which could be a life saver accelerating on an icy road.

It will be interesting to see how much the 0-60 drops in normal mode, versus sport mode. I'd similarly like something in the 7ish second range for winter driving.
Just because your car can go 0 to 60 in 3.1 does not mean that you have to. We all have snow mode (press gently on the skinny pedal. If the wheels spin don't press so hard). If you are familiar with winter driving this should not be a new concept. If you have very little snow/ice experience then it is best that you approach driving in slippery conditions with trepidation and do so gently with an abundance of caution.

I much prefer to drive our xc40 EV 0-60 mid to upper 4 second range to our mid 6 second Chevy Bolt when it gets slippery. A fast car can be dangerous in poor conditions, but it does not have to be. The fast car can be as slow as you want it to be (high power rwd sports car with summer rubber may be an exception to this when we are talking about winter driving and judicious use of the gas pedal).

guerro

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F250HD
I was hoping to see some actual owner reviews. Has anyone on this forum received his/her Lightning?

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I was hoping to see some actual owner reviews. Has anyone on this forum received his/her Lightning?
Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone is aware of a delivered Lightning, yet. Ford is rolling this out in PR moves to build the hype and seems to be holding back the delivery.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Just because your car can go 0 to 60 in 3.1 does not mean that you have to. We all have snow mode (press gently on the skinny pedal. If the wheels spin don't press so hard). If you are familiar with winter driving this should not be a new concept. If you have very little snow/ice experience then it is best that you approach driving in slippery conditions with trepidation and do so gently with an abundance of caution.

I much prefer to drive our xc40 EV 0-60 mid to upper 4 second range to our mid 6 second Chevy Bolt when it gets slippery. A fast car can be dangerous in poor conditions, but it does not have to be. The fast car can be as slow as you want it to be (high power rwd sports car with summer rubber may be an exception to this when we are talking about winter driving and judicious use of the gas pedal).

I heard the adage once-- Its easier to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

We should be able to do it with experience(a few winters in Watertown NY taught me). However, it still would be a worthwhile addition and a more enjoyable experience to set it and forget it vs having feather the throttle accelerating away from every stoplight.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I heard the adage once-- Its easier to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

We should be able to do it with experience(a few winters in Watertown NY taught me). However, it still would be a worthwhile addition and a more enjoyable experience to set it and forget it vs having feather the throttle accelerating away from every stoplight.
I will say that our Mach-e GT was one of the best winter cars I have ever driven - more confident that even my Raptor in light snow (a few inches). Electric propulsion lets them do wonderful things with traction control.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
So all of these were filmed around the San Antonio area as you know. And if you don't think the F-150 rules in Texas, look at Tom Moloughney/Inside EV's video at the 9:25 mark. He shows Blue Cruise in stop and go traffic, and is immediately passed/or passing three F-150's in a row in the left lane.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I went to flight school in San Antonio, and tried to go shopping for a car. Very disappointing. Every dealership was about 7/8th trucks with maybe a handful of cars.

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I went to flight school in San Antonio, and tried to go shopping for a car. Very disappointing. Every dealership was about 7/8th trucks with maybe a handful of cars.
I bought my first ford truck in Texas. The addiction continues today.

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2022 Lightning XLT XR
The XLT seems to be treated like the step child of the Lightning line up. I too am more interested in the XLT since I have one on order. Especially the SR.
Nice! I opted for the ER to make it match my R1T order. I found out that added 20k and not 10k. Lol.

The R1T had more features that i think I'd appreciate more, but less frequently. The Lightning has more features I'll appreciate more frequently. The lower loading height of the Lightning frunk. I think I'd use the R1T great tunnel and bunch and having a tonneau... That's something I've never really wanted, but i use my truck less like a truck nowadays.

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2022 Lightning XLT XR
Thanks for sharing! Tomorrow I have a whole video on a standard battery Pro trim. Really loved the truck and want to find a pretty standard truck to use on the upcoming Out of Spec Ranch! Seriously great machine.

Kyle
Any thoughts on the XLT config, @OutofSpecKyle ?

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Anyone know how the blue cruise works if you are wearing sun glasses?
Sponsored