• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Isn't that what the MyKey feature is for? Don't trust your employees? Give them the nanny key.
True....I would be very surprised if there was not a control for the fleet manager on the PRO Fleet models...
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
the acceleration/braking nanny voice that was in one video hopefully should be something we can turn off. He mentioned it was a fleet training mode, hopefully not something on retail trucks.
It's in the Edmunds review, when he accelerates out of a stoplight
Ford turned the Fleet Optimizer Nanny Voice off almost immediately via OTA update. It is in video. They may posted the update after publishing, idk.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Doug score tied it with Gen 3 raptor but below Rivian and Hummer. Also above new gen Tundra.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
The XLT seems to be treated like the step child of the Lightning line up. I too am more interested in the XLT since I have one on order. Especially the SR.
They sold out early. XLT SR was my pick for a perfect-range-for-my-needs pickup. Right size screen, right seats, right bling.... Now, Kyle reviewed my exact color&spec Lariat ER.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The XLT seems to be treated like the step child of the Lightning line up. I too am more interested in the XLT since I have one on order. Especially the SR.

Honestly Ford screwed up with the XLT.. perhaps on purpose to push people to the Lariat for greater profit margin.

IMO the XLT is about $8-10k more expensive than it needs to be. Also-- you have to add a $9500 option package to get the extended battery. At the end of the day..for only $5k more(XLT ER at $74k vs $79k for Lariat ER) you get a huge moonroof, leather, the bigger screen, etc. It just doesn't make sense for most people to get an XLT ER when they can spend a little more and get a lot more features.

At $65k the XLT would be a much better proposition given the feature content. At ~$52k the XLT makes sense but the $19,500 jump to the XLT ER doesn't make any sense...

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
It just doesn't make sense for most people to get an XLT ER when they can spend a little more and get a lot more features.

At $65k the XLT would be a much better proposition given the feature content. At ~$52k the XLT makes sense but the $19,500 jump to the XLT ER doesn't make any sense...
I picked the XLT because I’m trying to keep the weight down for towing purposes. To that end I don’t want the sunroof (64 lbs) or many features. No 45-lb bedliner. I wouldn’t get the tailgate step (46 pounds) either but that’s forced.

I could go to extremes and get the SR to save even more weight, but then I lose a lot of capability, and while weight is a factor it’s not the only consideration.

Sponsored

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
Out of spec confirming the charging curve keeps 150-120kw up to 80%, no 5 second limitation from Mach-E. Please ford, I can only contain so much excitement
Really glad they did a good charging curve. That is what I was worried the most about. 150 kw to 50% and 120 kw from 50% - 80% is great.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
Thanks for sharing! Tomorrow I have a whole video on a standard battery Pro trim. Really loved the truck and want to find a pretty standard truck to use on the upcoming Out of Spec Ranch! Seriously great machine.

Kyle
Loved all your Rivian videos. Hopefully you can get a truck and do something similar with the Lightning.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Thanks for finding that answer!

Still don't understand the obsession of 0-60 times when most of us don't live on a racetrack.

I live in a very urban city and don't get to accelerate 0-60 unless the freeways are clear which most of the times they are not.

Is this obsession to compete with Tesla, Rivian, etc ???
Or is this from the big ICE engined V8 folks trying to compare ?

I guess I am getting old....😕
I agree.

Ill never punch it as hard as it can go from a standstill.

But, it is a value that people can compare.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I agree.

Ill never punch it as hard as it can go from a standstill.

But, it is a value that people can compare.
Oh - I plan to punch it every time I get a chance - guess I am still a kid at heart!:cool:
Sponsored