• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else have this issue? Tailgate Raising and Lowering on its own and setting off the alarm and water in the rear light bar

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning, Bronco Badlands, 1968 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
Took my truck in 3 weeks and a day a go to get three issues fixed. 1. The front air dam that was warning everytime I went on the highway. 2. Water in the rear light bar and the two white rear lights. 3. It started lowering and raising the tailgate on its own which set off the alarm in the middle of the night. I am growing concerned that the dealer is struggling to fix it at this point. Has anyone else seen this? I was at the dealer yesterday to get a document from them and saw the alarm going off so I caught it on video raising back up on its own.

Let me know if you have had the same problem and what the fix is. They have replaced the light bar and the control module so far
Sponsored

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
I have condensation in my light bar - not sure if that’s a big deal…

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Sounds about right for water where it shouldn't be...

Let us know how it goes.

OP
OP

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Well if It causes the lowering of your tailgate that could be bad

OP
OP

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sounds about right for water where it shouldn't be...

Let us know how it goes.
They called back today and said after replacing the control module and a switch it is still doing it and they are back to square 1. It is throwing a new code now b1616

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Took my truck in 3 weeks and a day a go to get three issues fixed. 1. The front air dam that was warning everytime I went on the highway. 2. Water in the rear light bar and the two white rear lights. 3. It started lowering and raising the tailgate on its own which set off the alarm in the middle of the night. I am growing concerned that the dealer is struggling to fix it at this point. Has anyone else seen this? I was at the dealer yesterday to get a document from them and saw the alarm going off so I caught it on video raising back up on its own.

Let me know if you have had the same problem and what the fix is. They have replaced the light bar and the control module so far
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
If it's not now, it will be soon. In the upper right hand corner hit the search button and you'll find many threads regarding this. I'm dropping mine off at the dealer next week because the condensation has caused my camera system to completely malfunction.

horseandsaddle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Hello Powercat
Yes, I am having the same issues as you. Water in rear light bar, and the tailgate raising and lowering on it's own, please keep me updated on your dealers progress, I will be bringing into my dealer as well.

OP
OP

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hello Powercat
Yes, I am having the same issues as you. Water in rear light bar, and the tailgate raising and lowering on it's own, please keep me updated on your dealers progress, I will be bringing into my dealer as well.
The Dealer believes it is the DCM or Data Control Module now, the issue is it is on back order until almost June. Ford has been great about contacting me and working to expedite it today so I am hopeful I will get it back a lot sooner

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello Powercat
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this tailgate concern. Thanks!

OP
OP

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That module fixed it and the truck is as good as new now. It was in the shop for a long time but ford was great about it. It reminded me how much I love the truck to be with out it.
Sponsored