• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone reserving: GMC Sierra EV Denali today 10.20.22 @ 5PM ET ??

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
To be fair i87(Northway) has really nice rest stops and the travel plazas on the thruway are funded privately(currently being remodeled).

The "rest areas" elsewhere are few and pretty crappy tbh. (I'm looking at you i88, i81!!)

**The Sothern tier Welcome Ctr is a cool stop though....
I wish they had more rest areas when you start to head into the Adirondacks. My typical camping trips are at Indian Lake, Long Lake, and around the Moose River Plains. It's hard enough finding places with cell and Internet access in those areas, much less EV charging... So the best you can hope for is a campsite with RV power outlets.
Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I just placed a reservation for the Silverado EV but I still have my reservation for the F150L. The main reasons Iā€™m interested in the Silverado EV are that it has 80 miles more range than the F150L and the Silverado EV can charge twice as fast. The Silverado is going to be much more expensive but Iā€™m starting to worry that if I donā€™t pay for more truck now I may really regret it later.

Iā€™m still a year out from being able to convert my reservation into an order on the F150L and probably two years out on a Silverado EV. A lot could happen in the EV market between now and the time I have to place an order. I could cancel both my reservations and order something else or I could just wait until the trucks show up on dealer lots so I donā€™t have to hassle with the ordering process.
I now have a build date of 1/16/2023 so it looks like I will be getting my F150L a year earlier than expected. I still have a reservation for the Silverado EV but, as they say, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. There are still so many unknowns about the Silverado EV and GM has had some poor quality ratings lately, so I will just have to wait to see how I feel about the Silverado EV whenever GM gets around to asking me to convert my reservation to an order.