• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are you going to visit the factory?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
With all the vehicles I have owned I never really felt like I had a connection to the place where the vehicles were built or to the people who built them. The only other vehicle a factory order was assemble only a couple of hundred miles from where I live but I didn't try to visit the factory. I would like things to be different with my F150 Lightning.

I'm going to try to visit the Ford Rouge Factory, tour the grounds and the museum and try to see the assembly line where my F150 Lightning will be built. My geek might be showing through a bit but I think I would like to spend at several days touring the factory and the museum, getting to know what I can about the plant, the people and the processes. Does any body else feel that way, do you want to visit the factory where your F150 Lightning is going to be built?
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I would have loved to go visit the plant where my F150 was built, but its a lot further from me. I would say go for it man! It will help strengthen your sentimental value for it

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Lead Training Manager, Design
My wife and I went in Summer 2019 and it was great. Museum was fun, so was the vehicle history at the plant. We both enjoy walking above the factory floor and watching the line as we walked around. It is interesting to see where your vehicles comes from.

We actually found the Ford's Garage Bar, which I didn't know they have all over the nation. Food was great.

Ford F-150 Lightning Are you going to visit the factory? Ford's Garage Beer Menu

Ford F-150 Lightning Are you going to visit the factory? Ford's Garage Bar

This is the only spot you could take pictures at the factory. Once in the theatre room and factory, no pictures.

Ford F-150 Lightning Are you going to visit the factory? Rouge Car Display 1
Ford F-150 Lightning Are you going to visit the factory? Rouge Car Display 3

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
We have a Ford stamping plant and a GM engine plant in our backyard. I’m impressed every time I go in there, especially when a new line or re tooling is installed. I’d say go for it!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I REALLY wanted to visit Claycomo where my truck was built for a tour. I love stuff like that. I called the factory a few months back while I was waiting on my truck to be built. Surprising, no phone tree at all, someone picked right up after a couple rings as if it was a personal phone number. I asked if they did plant tours, and the lady in her sweet Missouri charm promptly informed me they have not done factory tours “since 9/11”.

That still didn’t keep me from going, though. I’ll try and write up a bit of my experience from it here in a few days.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are there any good videos showing end to end build of the F150?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Are there any good videos showing end to end build of the F150?
This is the closest thing I’ve seen so far. It’s of the twelfth generation (2009-2014 model years) Ford F-150, though.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
The Lightning will be built in a different building than the regular F150s so they may not offer tours.
The Electric Vehicle Center is part of the historic Rouge Complex in Dearborn and is located between the Dearborn Truck Plant‘s body shop and Assembly Building. Living in the Detroit suburbs we used to be able to visit and tour many different types of plants, from stamping, engine casting, glass and final assembly. The DTP is the last facility that allows tours, my favorite was the Ford Wixom plant which was about four miles from me. I went with my neighbor a few times and toured the 4.7 million square foot assembly plant making Lincolns and Thunderbirds, but they had a smaller SVT building on property that hand made the GT40, now that was fun to watch.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Ford seems to LOVE taking vendors to their plants. I‘m going to Dearborn in August for a sales meeting. I’m hoping I get to tour the F150 factory while I’m there.

Sponsored

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
My wife and I went in Summer 2019 and it was great. Museum was fun, so was the vehicle history at the plant. We both enjoy walking above the factory floor and watching the line as we walked around. It is interesting to see where your vehicles comes from.

We actually found the Ford's Garage Bar, which I didn't know they have all over the nation. Food was great.

Ford's Garage Beer Menu.jpg

Ford's Garage Bar.jpg

This is the only spot you could take pictures at the factory. Once in the theatre room and factory, no pictures.

Rouge Car Display 1.jpg
Rouge Car Display 3.jpg
My wife took me to the rouge and the museum for my birthday a few years ago and I concur that it's pretty cool! years back I did a "museum delivery" for a corvette at bowling green but I don't believe they do that at the rouge or I would've tried (obviously not this year with all of the world calamities)

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This is the closest thing I’ve seen so far. It’s of the twelfth generation (2009-2014 model years) Ford F-150, though.

Very cool, great to see how the f150s are born. ?