• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Interesting that this atlas blue spotted in the wild has a combination of pro, XLT, and lariat trims on it. Handles/rims are pro, bumpers are XLT, and the light bar is Lariat

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Interesting that this atlas blue spotted in the wild has a combination of pro, XLT, and lariat trims on it. Handles/rims are pro, bumpers are XLT, and the light bar is Lariat
To me, it looks like an XLT with the 18 inch wheels. However it's possible that it isn't to proper spec because most of the trucks that have been on the streets have been hand built prototypes so they may not have had all the proper trim

The lariat has the light bar across the tailgate which this truck does not.

Reactions: Doc

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
To me, it looks like an XLT with the 18 inch wheels. However it's possible that it isn't to proper spec because most of the trucks that have been on the streets have been hand built prototypes so they may not have had all the proper trim

The lariat has the light bar across the tailgate which this truck does not.
Yeah you are right I think. I never realized the XLT is missing painted door handles and also does have the front light bar.

Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yeah you are right I think. I never realized the XLT is missing painted door handles and also does have the front light bar.
The black door handles on an XLT are disappointing. I know it’s that way on some of the ICE XLTs but previous renders and images of preproduction XLT Lightnings at the drive events had body color door handles. It was just the pro that had black handles. Even the most recent stone grey XLT lightning that was spotted had body color handles. It also had the Lariat wheels so maybe the XLT+ package gets body color handles?

Guess we’ll see when public orders start being built.

I was hoping it would only be mirrors I’d have to swap/paint on the XLT I plan to order to get all body color parts.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm more concerned about the capability, safely, technology, and other functional features over if the door handles are painted or not.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm more concerned about the capability, safely, technology, and other functional features over if the door handles are painted or not.
Different strokes for different folks. For some of us vehicles are a hobby (and an expensive one) so we are concerned about every detail, functional or otherwise.

Not to mention, a set of oem color matched door handles can cost anywhere from $350-$1k, so yeah I care if they are included on the package I want to buy.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Different strokes for different folks. For some of us vehicles are a hobby (and an expensive one) so we are concerned about every detail, functional or otherwise.

Not to mention, a set of oem color matched door handles can cost anywhere from $350-$1k, so yeah I care if they are included on the package I want to buy.
I can understand that. I guess part of what I meant was mainly that the technology and functional things mostly cannot be added after the fact. You can't add blue cruise or the tow technology package down the road. Where the cosmetics can easily be changed at any time. I can paint things, swap seats, change wheels and tires.
One thing I do know is that body shops typically do not get in pre painted door handles. They get the black ones and paint them. I would imagine that any body shop should be able to paint the handles, mirrors, and even bumpers for certainly less than the cost of stepping up to the lariat.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I can understand that. I guess part of what I meant was mainly that the technology and functional things mostly cannot be added after the fact. You can't add blue cruise or the tow technology package down the road. Where the cosmetics can easily be changed at any time. I can paint things, swap seats, change wheels and tires.
One thing I do know is that body shops typically do not get in pre painted door handles. They get the black ones and paint them. I would imagine that any body shop should be able to paint the handles, mirrors, and even bumpers for certainly less than the cost of stepping up to the lariat.
Ahh yes. That makes sense. I agree with you on that. Sorry for the snarky reply.

As for painting things, my only issue with body shop painted things is they have never seemed to hold up as well as factory painted parts. Never seems as hard or sticks as well. Though, it’s not as big of an issue on parts that aren’t prone to rock chips like handles, admittedly. Still, the more factory painted parts I can get without paying for a Lariat (and getting the leather and portrait infotainment I don’t want) the more excited I am.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Atlas Blue F-150 Lightning XLT spotted.

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club 2022-F-150-Lightning-XLT-in-Atlas-Blue-On-The-Road-Photos-November-2021-Exterior-001-1024x683

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club 2022-F-150-Lightning-XLT-in-Atlas-Blue-On-The-Road-Photos-November-2021-Exterior-002

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club 2022-F-150-Lightning-XLT-in-Atlas-Blue-On-The-Road-Photos-November-2021-Exterior-003

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club 2022-F-150-Lightning-XLT-in-Atlas-Blue-On-The-Road-Photos-November-2021-Exterior-006

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club 2022-F-150-Lightning-XLT-in-Atlas-Blue-On-The-Road-Photos-November-2021-Exterior-007

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club 2022-F-150-Lightning-XLT-in-Atlas-Blue-On-The-Road-Photos-November-2021-Exterior-009

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club 2022-F-150-Lightning-XLT-in-Atlas-Blue-On-The-Road-Photos-November-2021-Exterior-008

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club 2022-F-150-Lightning-XLT-in-Atlas-Blue-On-The-Road-Photos-November-2021-Exterior-007 (1)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
A peek at Atlas Blue 2022 F-150 Lightning inside Rouge Electric Vehicle Center.

Ford F-150 Lightning ATLAS BLUE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club Atlas Blue F-150 Lightning production line rouge factory

Last edited: