• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Mobile Charger Options

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm taking delivery of my lightning next week, but am unsure what to do about a charger. I currently live in an apartment with access to a NEMA 6-50 plug, so I could have overnight level 1 charging. I'd like to get a charger that has the ability to handle level 2 charging, for when I am able to have access to it as well. What do others have that don't have an installed home charger or just have an additional mobile charger?
Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
It depends on your situation, but if you have electric dryer outlet then you can get Splitvolt splitter for level 2. They come with NEMA 10-30 and 14-50. Another issue is how far the outlet to the truck? You might need an extension cable and adapter. For a charger, I think Grizzl-e chargers are good. They are actually coming out with a Grizzl-e Mini that is compact as a mobile charger.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The Tesla mobile connector is good for the price. Option to purchase about 8 different pig tails for whatever source you have.

OP
OP

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
It depends on your situation, but if you have electric dryer outlet then you can get Splitvolt splitter for level 2. They come with NEMA 10-30 and 14-50. Another issue is how far the outlet to the truck? You might need an extension cable and adapter. For a charger, I think Grizzl-e chargers are good. They are actually coming out with a Grizzl-e Mini that is compact as a mobile charger.
A dryer outlet isn't an option unfortunately right now, as I don't have a garage, but have a port outside that is well within the 20-25 foot range I see most mobile chargers in.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
The Tesla mobile connector is good for the price. Option to purchase about 8 different pig tails for whatever source you have.
Sold out last I checked unfortunately

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Sold out last I checked unfortunately
Keep checking or stop at a local Tesla store. They don't bundle them with the car any longer either. So when they hit stock they go fast.