• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blackvue battery b-130x install

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am hoping someone has done this with their lightning. I have Blackvue front and rear cameras connected and powered via OBD port which monitors the battery and if the LVB battery drops below a threshold the camera turns off. Lately I have been finding the camera isn't working when I need it to and it's likely because the LVB going below the threshold constantly. After I plug the vehicle in, the camera is fine.

Because I don't charge daily, the lack of a dashcam has become a concern for me. I went ahead and purchased the Blackvue Battery B-130x that I would like to install. It requires fuse taps, etc... wondering if someone has done this setup with their lightning and would love some pictures and help. If not, I'm sure it's not too difficult.

Thank you!
Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I have the B130x, sitting under the rear seats on the right hand side.
If you're "lazy" you could just run a cable from the rear cigarette lighter outlet, but you mention fuse tap/hardwire and that's what I did as well.
There's two spare slots in the front passenger footwell fuse box (I don't remember the slots off hand but I can take a pic in about 2hrs).

I don't know if it'll give you that much more runtime though, it's 96Wh and a dual camera setup like that typically uses around 5-6W, so 18-20hrs.

I got mine mainly to avoid the potential of "wearing out" the stock battery and to avoid any drain warnings.

OP
OP

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thx Magoo. That picture will be really helpful but for the time being I might do the same thing and plug it into the cigarette lighter adapter. Ultimately hardwired would be the best approach. Did you have to buy additional tap-a-fuse cables or you used what they gave you?

OP
OP

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@mr.Magoo, did you get a chance to snap a picture for me? Thanks.

OP
OP

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nevermind, I got it figured out. I used the switched fuse #2. Works great. Thanks for the advice.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Nevermind, I got it figured out. I used the switched fuse #2. Works great. Thanks for the advice.
Can you submit the picture then? This might be something I want to do if my truck ever gets out of the parking lot at the factory.

OP
OP

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here are my pictures - this is tapped into the fuse panel below the glovebox. There is a screw for ground right next to the fuse panel. I didn't use the cigarette lighter adapter that came with the battery because I had my Blackvue hooked up to the ODB port. I cut that wire and spliced it to the DC output of the Blackvue battery. Completely hardwired now. When the truck is off, the battery doesn't charge but when the truck is on the blackvue battery starts charging. Surprisingly, it took 30 minutes to fully charge my battery which is fantastic and gives me about 18-hours of record time from the cameras.

The blackvue b-130x battery is placed under the passenger seat same as @mr.Magoo.

Ford F-150 Lightning Blackvue battery b-130x install IMG_0069

Ford F-150 Lightning Blackvue battery b-130x install IMG_0070

Ford F-150 Lightning Blackvue battery b-130x install IMG_0071

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Sorry for the delay, I used #37 as it was empty.
Ground point in the top right corner of the pic.
Ford F-150 Lightning Blackvue battery b-130x install 20231006_133841
Sponsored