• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
Tesla at least know winter better than Ford,
During snow days, when I use ACC, F150 lighting still accelerate even there is a car in front of me. For Tesla, it uses multiple sensors to ensure there is a car in front of me even sensor is frozen and it won't hit the car in front of me when using ACC

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I’ve used teslas autopilot for about five years now and bluecruise for about two months. I feel autopilot is a more capable system. It has better lane centering. Bluecruise switches from hands off to hands on mode constantly for me. You can’t really depend on it to do the steering for you like you can in a tesla.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have only used Blue Cruise once, but over a 100 mile stretch it only asked me to assume control once. Sometimes it did ping pong slowly between sides, I found that a finger or two on the wheel to act as a damper immediately fixed it. Overall I've found the ACC features on the truck to be great. I think my only qualm is that it waits a while during stop and go to toll forward and that invites impatient people to cut in and annoys people behind you. I wish it would crawl just a bit better in those conditions.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
I dont like Consumer Reports. I dont know the exact criterias in this testing, but iirc for example in their infotainment reliability testing, it wasn't actually based on reliability but based on who complained about x y z instead of actual reliability. I love my lightning more than my model 3, but based on my actual experience, the driver assistance on model 3 is far superior and it isnt the FSD beta.

I've made a comment on this forums before but I'll leave a brief on this topic as well:
Lane centering is weak, tends to go to one side or the other before eventually centering out, not a big deal normally but when next to trucks/big rigs it does not make me feel safe.
Hands free zone on mapped highways/freeways randomly turn off, even when roads still look relatively clean and markings visible.
Merge lanes, the lightning does not recognize merging lanes and would accelerate to my max pre select speed even when there's a car merging in front of me.
Hands free disables/alerts during some bends on freeways.

I know some if not all of these are remedied in BC 1.2, but we dont have that yet.

FrankB

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Rankings were just released....

Ford’s BlueCruise Ousts GM’s Super Cruise as CR’s Top-Rated Active Driving Assistance System

Tesla Autopilot falls to midpack as other high-tech systems improve

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...riving-assistance-systems-review-a2103632203/

January 25, 2023

How We Rated the Systems
The 12 active driving assistance systems we tested were put through their paces around the track at our 327-acre Auto Test Center in Connecticut and on a 50-mile loop on public roads between September and December 2022. Each system was rated for its performance in 40 separate tests, such as steering the car, controlling the speed, and keeping the driver safe and engaged with the act of driving. Additional features such as automatic lane changes or reacting for traffic lights were not evaluated in this test.

screenshot-2023-01-25-at-8-55-03-am-jpg-jpg.jpg

screenshot-2023-01-25-at-8-55-19-am-jpg-jpg.jpg

screenshot-2023-01-25-at-8-55-27-am-jpg-jpg.jpg
Sponsored