• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
The SuperCruise on my GMC Hummer EV Pickup seems miles ahead of BlueCruise on our Mustang Mach E. BlueCruise always seemed to turn itself off more often with little warning especially on curves.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The SuperCruise on my GMC Hummer EV Pickup seems miles ahead of BlueCruise on our Mustang Mach E. BlueCruise always seemed to turn itself off more often with little warning especially on curves.
I have not experienced this on curves, it’s Perfect for me to be honest.

About the speed recognition, I’ve tried on and off, it doesn’t matter these particular sections make BlueCruise Speed up even though the speed is set by myself and the speed limit is clearly posted. I think it has to do with how it was mapped in the system but who knows.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
For all of these, the results are going to be very dependent on use case, I think.

Just like car reviews in general, the "winner" is dependent on the use case of the reviewer and what things they weight more than others. Like a review that picks a Rivian over a Lightning. Depending on how you use the vehicle, that could be right on or complete nonsense depending on what characteristics are actually important to the specific buyer.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Asset Management
I have not experienced this on curves, it’s Perfect for me to be honest.

About the speed recognition, I’ve tried on and off, it doesn’t matter these particular sections make BlueCruise Speed up even though the speed is set by myself and the speed limit is clearly posted. I think it has to do with how it was mapped in the system but who knows.
I drive on the 8 in San Diego and every time BlueCruise will kick off between the 125 and the 15. Lots of curves on the interstate highway.

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
Supercruise has lane changes features and it has less disengagement comparing to blue cruise.

also I heard supercruise works with trailer attached, although I don't have hummer ev to test

Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Asset Management
For all of these, the results are going to be very dependent on use case, I think.

Just like car reviews in general, the "winner" is dependent on the use case of the reviewer and what things they weight more than others. Like a review that picks a Rivian over a Lightning. Depending on how you use the vehicle, that could be right on or complete nonsense depending on what characteristics are actually important to the specific buyer.
Supercruise can change lanes when you turn on your blinker. BlueCruise kicks out if you turn on your blinker.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
From user manual
1. BlueCruise only activates when all of the following occur:
• BlueCruise is enabled in your information and entertainment screen. See BlueCruise Settings (page 290).
• Adaptive cruise control is on.
2. Intelligent adaptive cruise control combines speed sign recognition and navigation map data with adaptive cruise control to adjust the cruise set speed to the speed limit detected by the speed sign recognition system. As the system detects new speed signs, the set speed updates.
You can turn the speed sign recognition OFF so it won't adjust speed. Its somewhere in the menu settings.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...sist-features/what-is-speed-sign-recognition/

Last edited:

Alan168

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Thanks! I will definitely turn the speed sign recognition OFF so it doesn’t surprise me or cause an accident! Hopefully that eliminates the issue.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I use speed sign recognition on with Blue Cruise Handsfree but with the tolerance set to 20 Mph plus speed sign warnings turned off in the other menu. I drive the same 60 miles three times week on Sunrise Highway and the LIE in NY and it's now flawless except at one part where it goes from 2 lanes to 3 lanes on Sunrise Highway.

Took a road trip to PA though and those twisty divided highways were a bit scary for my family as blue cruise does not care how tight those turns are and just wants to impress you and show off the independent rear suspension.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Supercruise can change lanes when you turn on your blinker. BlueCruise kicks out if you turn on your blinker.
My 20-mile RT commute has 2 miles or less of multi lane roads, so that’s a meaningless distinction for my use case. Many other characteristics would be more heavily weighted.

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I personally love the speed recognition system. It also works without blue cruise. I sit right lane and keep it within 5mph, I don't care too speed and unless I'm impeding flow of traffic I stick to the limit. Blue Cruise has been excellent so far, but honestly I've been blown away by the standard lane assist and adaptive cruise control. It drives really tight, takes some curves really well, adjusts my speed automatically around town. It even does bumper to bumper traffic for me. My only complaint is waits for a rather large space to form while in bumper to bumper to begin rolling forward. Otherwise, I have been very, very impressed.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
I have a Tesla MY and the Lightning’s driver assistance features are hands down better. I keep trying the Tesla autopilot, but it keeps doing things to destroy my confidence in it. I am quite comfortable with the Ford. It isn’t perfect, but it’s limitations are reasonable and I find it very usable.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
It’s nice to hear that Consumer Reports thinks Blue Cruise is great, now all we need is to have it available on more roads. I vote for US-287 between DFW and Amarillo and US-87 between Amarillo and Raton.

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
I have a Tesla MY and the Lightning’s driver assistance features are hands down better. I keep trying the Tesla autopilot, but it keeps doing things to destroy my confidence in it. I am quite comfortable with the Ford. It isn’t perfect, but it’s limitations are reasonable and I find it very usable.
Tesla V11 will give you confidence back.
The current software is 5+ years old and it takes other automaker to finally catch up, but tesla gonna be several years ahead of others again once V11 is out.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I wonder if Tesla's approach of offering a cheaper driver's assistance are just unobtainable? It seems like the other driver's assistance systems come at a premium cost versus Tesla, but they are using multiple pieces of technology versus vision only.

On clear sunny days with no shadows, my Tesla FSD is nothing short of incredible. Then it starts to rain, snow, or it's dusk and shadows are everywhere... then it tries to kill me.
Sponsored