• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
That is so fucking lame.

Who buys a Lightning which outperforms an ICE in every single metric just to have it sound like a fucking gas burner?

To me this is the same as putting an M3 sticker on a regular BMW or a spoiler on a front wheel drive car. Or perhaps even more accurately, those lame cars that pump exhaust sound into the car.

Lame lame lame lame lame! Be genuine, people!

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That is so fucking lame.

Who buys a Lightning which outperforms an ICE in every single metric just to have it sound like a fucking gas burner?

To me this is the same as putting an M3 sticker on a regular BMW or a spoiler on a front wheel drive car. Or perhaps even more accurately, those lame cars that pump exhaust sound into the car.

Lame lame lame lame lame! Be genuine, people!
I think about 90% of cars out there pump sound into the cabin.

Now you can outperform and be louder, now all we need is a device to Coal Roll :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
They have this for the Mach-E and Lightning. Mach-E is $1,606.99. Lightning may be the same.

I was a little interested in this long ago when they first revealed it. It's very late to market, a year behind schedule. But the price is insane.

Where would you use this? Well, we went to an event where cars circle a few block radius of downtown, revving their engines, hundreds of people lining the streets watching. There we were in our silent Mach-E. People look away because they hear nothing.

If this had been say $500, who knows. But at this price they'll sell just a handful IMO.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Definitely not me. I love it when I quietly pass the loud small sport cars and big ICE trucks that are huffing and puffing to sound and act manly, all just to be put back in their place by a smooth operator that does not need to sound obnoxious. It is like the big dog meeting the small dog on a walk. You know which one needs to do all the barking.

I find all pollution obnoxious including light pollution and especially noise pollution. All that said, I fully support interior fake exhaust note if helps some drivers get more joy out of their ride.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Now I’m wondering if it replaces the speaker when going in reverse, can we change the reverse sound? Hmmmm

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This would surely be a much less expensive option ...
🤣🤣

This is what I tell all my buddies in 4 and 6 banger non turbos who put on exhaust…..All that noise for nothing lol