• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can someone take a picture of the back of the 12v battery cover?

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
I think the clips on the back side of my 12v battery cover in the frunk may be broken. Mine has three clips at the bottom that attach the cover to the plastic bulkhead in the frunk, but there are no clips at the top, so it rattles on rough roads. I didn't notice it during delivery inspection a few weeks ago.
Sponsored

amcdaniel8

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat, 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Looks like 3 on bottom and 2 on top
Ford F-150 Lightning Can someone take a picture of the back of the 12v battery cover? 676CE6DF-C88C-4547-A5C8-ACB508B308A2_1_102_o

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
I picked mine up with the lower passenger side tab snapped off! I had my local dealer warranty the part, but it came REALLY warped (actually, so was the part it replaced!). Getting it back on was a 5 handed task and took about 15 tries to get all 5 tabs lined back up :/

I second the congrats to @amcdaniel8 : good luck getting it re-installed :D

OP
OP
Bandit216

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like 3 on bottom and 2 on top
Excellent. Thanks for the effort. Yep, mine is missing the top two clips. Judging by the other comments we'll be hearing more about this poor design. I bet they were broken during the predelivery inspection. At least the jump\charge points cover on the left side uses a better latch system than the Mach E.

Sponsored

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Excellent. Thanks for the effort. Yep, mine is missing the top two clips. Judging by the other comments we'll be hearing more about this poor design. I bet they were broken during the predelivery inspection. At least the jump\charge points cover on the left side uses a better latch system than the Mach E.
Absolutely. This is a part that is in desperate need of a redesign. BUT it is something I hope to not really have to remove just about ever, so I can just be 'careful'.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ah, that photo from @amcdaniel8 helped me!

Mine is missing 2 clips too.

No wonder the cover was not staying put.

I just jammed some of my stuff in front of it to hold it in place.

I never have an empty trunk or frunk..

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
[sarcasm font] What a bunch of whiners! [/sarcasm font]

The Mach-E requires the removal of two large panels to get to the battery. Some are replaceable clips, some are not. My 2021 was accessed say 3 or 4 times in its short life before I sold it, and nearly all of the permanent clips were destroyed. About 1/3 of the replaceable clips were missing, so I had the dealer give me a bag of each (two different designs) and I replaced them before selling it.

I now have done a mod that provides access to the two jump points without removing any panels.

Sometimes you wonder if they design these and then don't repeatedly open and close them.

OB121

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch, 2019 Expedition
Mine came delivered with one of the clips broken as well. A better battery cover is needed.

OP
OP
Bandit216

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Received an email from a Ford engineer saying they are looking at both this issue and a solution for the accidental activation of the frunk open button when something slides around in the frunk.

Sponsored

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Received an email from a Ford engineer saying they are looking at both this issue and a solution for the accidental activation of the frunk open button when something slides around in the frunk.
That would be nice! This panel desperately needs those 'twist clips' instead.

OP
OP
Bandit216

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Brought up the broken clips with my dealer. Their body shop confirmed the issue and ordered a replacement. Took 5 minutes
Sponsored