• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can we please have a "Sport Mode" button on the side of the shifter? Going through the menu sucks.

jcarterpdx

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I think there was a post about how annoying it is to go through the menu on the display to put the car into sport mode, but I have a simple fix. Just put a small button on the side of the shift knob that puts it in sport mode when you want it!

I have an Audi and I just click a little button on the side shifter with my thumb and boom I'm in sport mode. Want to go back to normal, click it again. Takes split second!

I hate having to go into the menu to do that, so I basically never do. And of course I wouldn't benefit if Ford made this change in the future, but at least future owners wouldn't be annoyed.

Just an idea.
Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I'm picking up what you're putting down. Believe my last ICE F150 had this feature on the shifter.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
“God Mode…
Activate”

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just leave it persistently in the mode I choose instead of resetting very time.
This, so much this! I have pretty much given up on anything but normal mode (even though I like sport better) because it is such a pain to keep setting it!

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
This, so much this! I have pretty much given up on anything but normal mode (even though I like sport better) because it is such a pain to keep setting it!
It is annoying, but if you get into the habit of hitting the OK button on the steering wheel after you start up, it puts you back into the last mode you used instead of normal.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
While we’re bitching stop popping up a notification that the parking brake is off when I turn the parking brake off. There is already a dedicated indicator for the brake on the panel. Half the time when I hit OK thinking I’m responding to the Sport mode question I’m actually just dismissing the parking brake notice.

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
I think there was a post about how annoying it is to go through the menu on the display to put the car into sport mode, but I have a simple fix. Just put a small button on the side of the shift knob that puts it in sport mode when you want it!

I have an Audi and I just click a little button on the side shifter with my thumb and boom I'm in sport mode. Want to go back to normal, click it again. Takes split second!

I hate having to go into the menu to do that, so I basically never do. And of course I wouldn't benefit if Ford made this change in the future, but at least future owners wouldn't be annoyed.

Just an idea.
Similar to how they added the camera button to the top of the screen there is plenty of room to add a “drive mode” button that cycles through the modes or allows you to program your favorite mode and then have that be the mode it goes to when you touch it. Seems like a super easy software fix.

Nftypjs

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 lightning pro
Simple solution, without adding buttons, just put the modes (and 1 pedal driving option for that matter) into the HUD menu instead of the main menu. There's already buttons on the steering wheel for changing things, simply have a tab in the menu that is called "Drive modes", up and down to change modes, check box for 1-pedal drive. Then I don't have to touch the damn screen and take my eyes off the road if I want to change anything.
Sponsored