• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

the rest of the story

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
“The rest of the story.”

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Oh no! It's terrible how EVs have caused all vehicles to sit unsold on lots. They should probably be outlawed before they destroy the entire road infrastructure. I heard EVs have more emissions than ICE vehicles too!😳

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I mean we all saw this coming with the increase interest rates and dealers still trying to sell above MSRP and using the “chip shortage” line after 4 years.

As far as EV’s, they’ll be in demand in the couple of months again. The usual cycle.

Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I mean we all saw this coming with the increase interest rates and dealers still trying to sell above MSRP and using the “chip shortage” line after 4 years.

As far as EV’s, they’ll be in demand in the couple of months again. The usual cycle.
As soon as gas goes up... Wait a minute. It was $2.99 last week and now at $3.19. 🙄

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
As soon as gas goes up... Wait a minute. It was $2.99 last week and now at $3.19. 🙄
Hum, it's $3.99 to $4.60 here, Glad i got my lightning, but still need to fuel up my Ranger . . 🤔😮

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
This whole inventory thing is just crazy.

Prior to 2019 there was always inventory sitting on dealer lots. You could go in and buy the model you wanted and not wait for months. Competition and availability kept the prices down.

Over the last 4 years, inventory dried up and prices jumped and you have to wait months for a Buick, let alone anything desirable.

Now, inventory is coming back, it's going to lower prices and you can get the car you want now. BUT, that's a bad thing???

Sometimes I wish the internet would just stfu and stop making clickbait garbage hate-f articles.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
my local dealer has not a single EV, not a Lightning, not even a MachE, and yet they have a BIG inventory and overflow of F150's of all trims and styles... does this mean that the 'best selling vehicle in 45 years' is somehow "not selling"??....bunk. Crazy. yes... folks will say 'anything' to get a rise.

OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
my local dealer has not a single EV, not a Lightning, not even a MachE, and yet they have a BIG inventory and overflow of F150's of all trims and styles... does this mean that the 'best selling vehicle in 45 years' is somehow "not selling"??....bunk. Crazy. yes... folks will say 'anything' to get a rise.
click bait

Sponsored

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
EV sales currently vary by region. My local (rural NC) hometown independent family owned dealer currently has 8 gas or hybrid F-150s and 5 electric Lightnings on their lot. They say the gas models are selling but no one has cracked a door open on the Lightnings. (They also have 11 new Mach E's). They are not even making trade offers on EVs until their current EVs start selling.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
EV sales currently vary by region. My local (rural NC) hometown independent family owned dealer currently has 8 gas or hybrid F-150s and 5 electric Lightnings on their lot. They say the gas models are selling but no one has cracked a door open on the Lightnings. (They also have 11 new Mach E's). They are not even making trade offers on EVs until their current EVs start selling.
All vehicle sales vary by region. I'd wager that the Chevy dealer in that same town in SC is selling a lot fewer Corvettes than a dealer in LA. That doesn't indicate that nobody wants to buy Corvettes.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired