• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CarPlay Issues

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
CarPlay was working fine for about 10 days, wireless or usb connected. Now when holding down the voice to activate Siri, the screen switches to Siri with the “bong” it will respond to your first command I.e “text someone” but then never say, “what do you want to say to someone” it just sits on the screen with the Siri circle at the bottom. Never recovers. I unpaired everything, re pored and same result. I’ve also done the soft/hard reset. The only thing I haven’t done is factory reset.

anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
False alarm. Rebooted iPhone. Working now.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
So i was taking about a 3 hour drive and for some reason the apple carplay just disconnected and wouldn't reconnect. The only thought i had was maybe the phone was getting to hot on the wireless charger? Any one else experience this?

dovetaildan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I've seen carplay disconnect or fail to quickly connect in some cases after restarting the truck. I've always been able to reconnect it by going into the carplay phones --> and then clicking what I think looks like a "play" button (like the third round button over from the left) on the iPhone I'm trying to connect to.

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
A none stop problem. Only thing that works is restarting the car. Drive me crazy.

OP
OP

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yes.. carplay working in the morning "automatically" then stopping mid day is annoying.. Don't need to restart car, just hold volume down and track forward on steering wheel it will reset system. Even while driving.. I notice carplay issues more when there are multiple phones paired.. So I just told my son and wife not to pair their phones!
Sponsored