• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Center Screen freezes/reboots

My Lightning's center console screen locks up/reboots...

• Total voters

bananaslug79

First Name
Samas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sparky" 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Self employed
Hello, happy 2022 Lariat SR owner here for a bit over a year. Just wondering about others experience with the main console screen freezing/rebooting in their ownership time.

I searched the forum and found a handful of mentions about it, so it seems to happen to some though the regularity is mixed. For myself and Sparky (my Lightning), I would say anecdotally it happens often enough to be noticeable and also somewhat in waves. For example, I won't notice it at all for awhile and then in a week of regular driving it may happen close to a dozen times, without any typical pattern (that I've been able to notice). Besides being annoying (I'm a constant user of Android Auto) it obviously varies in how disruptive the problem is; if the HVAC was set a certain way when I turn off the truck at one point, later that day if the console reboots then I'm stuck with what temp/blower setting I had on last (central PA on the east coast can vary quite a bit with weather on a day to day basis). Depending on your point of view, some may even consider this "blip" to be a safety issue given the center console screen controls everything from the truck controls to cameras and dozens of other features. The freeze only seems to happen on startup and always reboots in about 30-45 seconds.

Any thoughts, suggestions, complaints? Poll included for those so inclined.

Happy Friday!
Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
The freeze only seems to happen on startup and always reboots in about 30-45 seconds.
Mine has done it while driving. I always assume it is either the “blue screen of death” or a system update that the truck chose not to tell me about.

But mine is the 12” diagonal cause I appreciate buttons😉

OP
OP
bananaslug79

bananaslug79

First Name
Samas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sparky" 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Self employed

Brian95501

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My '23 XLT has done this once in the two weeks that I've had it. It happened the same day I joined the Android Auto beta program. Whether the issue was related to that, I don't know.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
My 2021 Mach-e got terrible, weeks in shop, parts replaced, nothing stopped it. It's why I went XLT. No reboots so far, 8k miles 8 months.
Sponsored